WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The HR Technology and Analytics Branch - HRMOI is responsible for ongoing support to critical HR operational processes through the appropriate provision and application of information, processes, and enabling technologies. It is also responsible for the development of the HR Division Technology strategy and roadmap that will support integrated talent management processes, enable full visibility into our global workforce by deploying a technology solution that integrates people processes, data, and intelligence from corporate and satellite systems and databases, and will provide workforce analytics and tools to support evidence-based decision making across people-related processes (in particular workforce planning, recruitment, reassignment and deployment to emergencies).
The Branch consists of three teams:
(1) HR Technology Deployment;
(2) HR Systems Administration and Support.
(3) HR Reporting & Analytics.
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Team Leader of the HR Analytics Work-stream, the HR Officer will:
1. Undertake data collection, pre-processing and analysis of structured and unstructured data
2. Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
3. Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms to address business problems
4. Build quantitative model to simulate impact of the projects
5. Present information using data visualization techniques
6. Create, maintain and support a variety of moderate to complex reports and dashboards utilizing appropriate
reporting and visualization tools
7. Work with HR and corporate stakeholders to identify the business requirements and the expected outcome.
8. Work with HR and corporate subject matter experts to identify relevant internal and external data sources and
automate collection processes, leveraging new data collection processes
9. Work with IT teams to support data collection, integration, and retention requirements based on the input collected
with the business.
10. Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of decision systems and statistical Models
11. Troubleshoots and implements enhancements and fixes to systems as needed.
12. Assist in the preparation of project proposals, implementation plans and presentations to management/project leads
13. Assist in the preparation of standard and ad-hoc HR reports for internal and external customers
14. Research the HR technology and analytics best practices and innovations
15. Maintain and share knowledge of best practices, and support the development and implementation of new/improved
Mobility is and continues to be a core contractual requirement in WFP. This position is however classified as “nonrotational”
which means the incumbent shall not be subject to the regular reassignment process unless the position is
reclassified as rotational.
Terms and Conditions
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation
entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
The deadline to receive applications is Sunday, 3 October 2021 (11.59 PM CET).
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.