UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, gender identity and sexual orientation, as well as persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. UNICEF’s office is accessible to a certain extent, and employees are entitled to reasonable accommodations that are needed for ensuring equitable working conditions.
Purpose of the job:
The Senior ICT (T4D) Associate (GS-7 level) will provide end-user ICT support, and support to all kinds of Technology for Development (T4D) programme initiatives, at the UNICEF Serbia country office, ensuring effective and efficient end-user support and innovative solutions to programme initiatives during the stages of innovation/formulation of idea, implementation/operationalization, scale-up and maintenance.
The incumbent will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the ICT infrastructure, administration and business support to ICT operations and T4D innovations in close coordination with the Regional Office, HQ, third party vendors or service-providers, and partners from inside and outside the organization.
The Senior ICT (T4D) Associate is also responsible for formulating/maintaining ICT/T4D workplan, its implementation, reporting and relevant documentation, including ensuring that the ICT component of the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) is up-to-date and tested.
- Timely and proper Information Communication Technology support is provided to users, Subject Matter Experts (internal and external), and ICT Management for maintaining the organization’s computer systems infrastructure, including UNICEF ERP system (SAP).
- Under the UNICEF CloudOne Infrastructural environment, ICT systems and applications are properly administered in compliance with UNICEF’s security policies, standards and procedures.
- ICT components of the Business Continuity are well maintained in close collaboration with other UN agencies.
- Under the framework of the Digital Transformation initiative, all components of the Knowledge and Content Management are adequately and efficiently supported.
- As part of UNICEF’s global innovation and T4D agenda, technical support and guidance for T4D and digital interventions is provided, including support for RapidPro and DonorPerfect systems, sharing of skills and tools to foster and facilitate technology-enabled programming, and sharing of global/regional good practices.
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented with formal training (at university level) in Computer Science, Business Administration or computer related certification (e.g., Prince2 Certification, ITIL Foundation Certification or equivalent customer support certification).
- Knowledge of Information Management and Data Analytical skills.
- Seven years of practical professional work experience in information technology, as well as systematic methods of troubleshooting and analytical problem solving, providing assistance to users on ICT products and services, and use of applications and diagnostic tools.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging and implementing technological tools and solutions in a multi-stakeholder environment, to support the programmatic work in the field.
- Practical experience with various computer platforms and applications: operating systems, email and database systems, Microsoft Office product suites, Help Desk software, advanced PC/laptop/printer installation, configuration, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Work experience in providing ICT support to remote field offices at regional and global level is a strong asset.
- Exposure to UNICEF programmatic areas including health, nutrition, communication, child protection, youth development and education is an advantage.
- Background and/or familiarity with emergency and emergency telecommunication equipment is considered as a strong asset.
- Practical knowledge of Help Desk tools (e.g. ServiceNow) and service delivery processes is required.
- Knowledge of UNICEF Field Offices environment and use of VISION and/or SAP is an asset.
- Knowledge of knowledge management and data analytics tools (i.e. SharePoint, SharePoint Designer and Flows, MS Power BI) is a strong asset.
- Practical knowledge with related certification of Meraki Cloud and local network environment is considered as a strong asset.
- Knowledge in enterprise telephony systems (e.g. Avaya, MS Skype for Bussnes/Teams, Sonus SBC) is an asset.
- Working knowledge with Cloud technologies, mainly Microsoft Azure, is an asset.
- Fluency in both Serbian and English is required. Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.