Do you have L&D experience in defining, designing and delivering training to diverse groups including trainers and learners? We are looking for a colleague to join our teams in Nairobi to oversee the EcoSec Learning and development activities in ICRC operational countries! Do you have what it takes to join us? If yes, continue reading!
Working directly with people or communities affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence, the Department of Economic Security carries out a wide range of emergency relief, food security and livelihood support activities. These are relief distributions (both in kind, in cash and in vouchers); nutritional support programs; microeconomic initiatives; animal health programs; agricultural interventions; and capacity building related to the above for individuals and local and national organisations. Supporting those affected and being accountable to them is at the heart of any economic security work.
Handling EcoSec activities requires adequate skillsets that are strengthened through EcoSec basic and technical courses delivered by its Learning and Development (LnD) team of 60 members based at ICRC headquarters in Geneva as well as in regional and operational delegations. They deliver around 75 training sessions annually to EcoSec and ICRC staff as well as those from National Societies of the Red Cross and Red Crescent and program’s partners.
Internally, you interact with the LnD Focal Person of the EcoSec Unit based in Geneva and with EcoSec Specialists for global priorities, technical guidelines, contents, processes, planning, delivery, evaluations and learning from outcomes of the EcoSec LnD activities. You interact with EcoSec trainers and EcoSec coordinators for training needs analysis, planning, implementation and evaluations in operational countries, including for EcoSec Program’s partners.
Externally, you interact with consultants, learning institutions and other learning and development providers for alignment and coordination.
You report directly to the LnD Focal Person of the EcoSec Unit based in Geneva.
You will oversee EcoSec LnD activities for countries under you direct responsibility, ensuring the consistency of the technical guidelines and leading training needs analysis. Additionally, you will actively participate in the creation or review of EcoSec learning resources while delivering, monitoring and evaluating EcoSec trainings. Strengthening the capacities of EcoSec trainers and staff members as well as partners will be part of your responsibility as well as managing the database relating to EcoSec LnD activities of the countries that you supervise, contributing to the EcoSec LnD transformation and strategy implementation.
You will contribute to:
• Are aware of EcoSec LnD priorities and objectives of the delegations covered.
• Have a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position.
• Represent the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoid any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image.
• Take responsibility for your own professional learning and development.
• Travel about 50% of your time to provide technical support across Delegations, delivering EcoSec training courses, coach trainers and attend face-to-face professional Workshop or meetings.
• In line with the principle of neutrality, the ICRC does not assign personnel to a country of which they are nationals.
• You are in good health and will do a medical check-up prior to departure in the field.
• In line with our security guidelines, you hold a manual driving license.