UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, commitment
The position is located with the Cold Chain Unit (CCU) in the Health Technology Centre (HTC) in UNICEF Supply Division. Through applied technical, contractual and operational expertise, CCU supports countries and works with partners to roll out UNICEF’s global cold chain strategies including in the context of the Cold Chain Optimization Platform (CCEOP).
How can you make a difference?
Under close supervision and technical guidance of the Technical Specialist Cold Chain, the incumbent establishes technical standards and guidelines for key programmatic cold chain commodities procured by UNICEF on behalf of UNICEF programmes and procurement services partners.
The key tasks and responsibilities of the Technical Associate is as follows:
- Assists technical specialist on development of Performance Quality and Safety (PQS) specifications and testing protocols through tracking of progress and communication to various stake holders.
- Assists the technical specialist in data analysis and planning, i.e., product specifications, quantities and budgets, among other. Provides support to optimization and capacity development projects.
- Assists the facilitation and communication with UNICEF Programmes, Supply Division Centres, UN agencies and NGO partners on cold chain matters.
- Acts as a focal person for maintaining overall technical database that should be used as a source document, this includes but not limited to PQS, Material Master, Web catalogue data bases, etc.
- Acts as a focal person for maintaining cold chain unit website and cold chain support package through communication with responsible bodies within the unit. Keep track of clarification questions and make sure that they are timely addressed.
- Acts as a focal person for ensuring that all product specifications are kept up to date in the material master. Proposes creations and amendments to materials within the range of commodities under cold chain unit.
- Assists the technical specialist in research and cataloguing of new products. Keeps abreast of programme requirements and prepares technical bulletins for publication.
- Acts as a focal person for maintaining technical aspects of the qualified suppliers’ profile. Prepares lists of potential pre-qualified suppliers for requisitions and forwards it to the Contracting team for purchasing action.
- Drafts, prepares and finalizes product tender specifications and bid documents on basis of existing documentation, directives and customer requirements. Translates specifications with expert help if necessary. Communicates with country offices and suppliers to obtain all necessary clarifications.
- Assists technical specialist in consolidating bid offers for the technical evaluation, performs the initial technical screening of bid offers, helps with drafting and following up technical clarifications and bid summary results as well as drafting and/or reviewing LTA & PO texts.
- Assists material owners with preparing technical screening of the Programme & Procurement Services requests by using the templates & guidelines prepared by the technical specialists.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education and additional relevant courses; business administration, commercial or technical related field (within a commodity group).
- Minimum 6 years of administrative experience in a commercial, industrial, or public-sector organisation with at least 2 years in procurement of medical and/or cold chain equipment.
- Technical Knowledge on cold chain equipment related to specifications and Target Product Profiles
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Fluency in English
- Valid work permit and residency in Denmark at the time of submitting the application. Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining any required extension of their residence permit as such an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF
- Knowledge of French
- Knowledge of Share point and Power BI
- UN experience
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and our core competencies as follows:
Core competencies skills
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Works collaboratively with others
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
The closing date of this position is 21 September 2021
Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF's online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by creating your profile, and application at our web site: https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/listing/
Visit us at www.unicef.org/supply/