Investment Officer / Senior Investment Officer - Digital Infrastructure and Industries
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB’s Investment Operations are divided into two regions, 1 and 2. Each region is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes technical specialists and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
The Banking Department has the following business lines: (i) Capital Markets and Structured Products, (ii) Digital Infrastructure and Other Productive Sectors, (iii) Financial Institutions and Syndication, and (iv) Private Equity.
The Investment Officer/Senior Investment Officer-Digital Infrastructure and Industries is expected to work with other team members in the origination, structuring and execution of debt market investments (such as loans and guarantees) in Digital Infrastructure and Industries. The Investment Officer/Senior Investment Officer is expected to work closely with other relevant AIIB departments.
- Origination, structuring and execution of investment projects in Digital Infrastructure and Industries;
- Conduct research on projects and clients;
- Arrange and prepare presentations, memos and reports, etc. for client meetings;
- Represent the Department in internal meetings through coordination, participation, following up and reporting;
- Lead project due diligence and approval processes, with emphasis on ensuring key economic, financial, technical, and legal issues are considered and mitigants incorporated in the financing structure and legal documents;
- Analyze financial statements and assist project team leaders in structuring transactions; prepare project and corporate financial models;
- Support internal coordination through information exchanges and teamwork with relevant divisions of the Bank; support the Department in achieving its targets and objectives;
- Perform ad hoc tasks assigned by the Senior Management of the Department.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant work experience (at least 5-8 years for Officer level, 8-10 years for Senior Officer level) in the field of corporate/project finance gained at commercial/investment banks and/or international financial institutions;
- Experience in the digital infrastructure sector will be an advantage;
- Experience in structuring comprehensive solutions across financial products using debt, private equity and funds, and/or capital market instruments;
- Experience in working on investment projects through an established approval process;
- Effective project leading / management skills; able to identify, engage and work with different stakeholders across private and public sectors, such as issuers, institutional investors, regulators, banks and other intermediaries;
- Effective financial, analytical and modeling skills;
- Effective credit skills will be an advantage;
- Effective interpersonal and organizational abilities;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage;
- Candidates should possess at the minimum a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree or equivalent preferred) in business administration, economics, finance or related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.