Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People's Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a related organization of the United Nations (UN), and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, IOM works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all.
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of the largest IOM Country Offices (CO) in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Refugee Care, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
IOM Indonesia will implement the project “Empowering Migrant Worker Households and Strengthening Capacities at Points of Entry in Indonesia.” The overall goal of the project is to enhance Government of Indonesia’s responses in addressing the health and socio-economic impacts of COVID-19 throughout the country. It will contribute through two main objectives:
Objective 1: To strengthen the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in mitigating the health risks and socio-economic impact of COVID-19 on Indonesian migrant worker households.
Objective 2: To strengthen the Government of Indonesia’s COVID-19 preparedness and response measures at Points of Entry (PoEs) in Indonesia, including international airports, seaports, and ground crossings.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) of IOM Indonesia and the direct supervision of Deputy Chief of Mission (DCoM), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing, coordinating and ensuring the successful implementation of the project. Importantly, the Project Manager (IBM) will work to incorporate public health, medical as well as socio-economic aspects of the initiative into activities and overall outcomes. S/he will pursue related lines of programming and activities, as well as expanding the IOM portfolio of security sector and IBM-related activities in the CO.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Manage and coordinate the overall implementation and backstop the administrative, budgetary and operational activities of the “Empowering Migrant Worker Households and Strengthening Capacities at Points of Entry in Indonesia” project.
Supervise all staff assigned to the project, as well as consultants, implementing partners and service providers recruited to support and/or undertake specific activities.
Coordinate the development, adaptation, and consolidation of relevant programmatic components i.e. training materials, standard operation procedures, awareness raising actions.
Ensure systematic Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of project activities, identify and implement improvements in project delivery and coordination.
Coordinate closely with relevant units the CO including the Migration Health Unit, and task resources at the regional level, in order to incorporate and achieve the socio-economic and public health aspects of the initiative.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with project partners and donors to coordinate and expedite project implementation, develop new projects, maximize project performance levels and resolve constraints to implementation.
Provide technical advice on the expansion of the IBM and security-sector portfolios, and support the CO in developing new projects and in fundraising initiatives.
Re-activate and expand the technical capacities of Immigration Indonesia to check and verify travel documents and identities, to keep contributing to the Document Examination Support Centre (DESC) initiative coordinated by IOM Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP).
In coordination with the Senior Management, act as the Program focal point for Indonesia components of regional IBM project(s), by ensuring smooth implementation and timely reporting.
Represent IOM in relevant national and international fora, advise Senior Management on relevant IBM issues in Indonesia.
Participate in relevant technical working groups of United Nations Country Team (UNCT), including Results Groups of the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2021-2025 (UNSDCF), and relevant sectoral groups of the Humanitarian Country Team, among others.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional experience in the Asia region;
• Experience in the field of migration and border management, including policy and operational experience;
• Experience in project development, management, reporting and evaluation;
• Experience with IOM procurement procedures
• Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, donors, other national/international institutions and NGOs;
• Demonstrate strong experience in liaison with Government entities at the central and local level;
• Experience providing support to national efforts in the area of training/capacity building, law enforcement operations and/or immigration and border management information systems and engaging in counter-human trafficking and migrant smuggling.
• Familiarity with the region is an asset.
• In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization, including collection and use of data and information as a basis for policy setting and decision-making; community engagement and livelihood support initiatives; and security sector reform initiatives such as community policing and prevention of violent extremism (PVE). • Proven experience in capacity building actions targeting Government bodies
• Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 04 August 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 22.07.2021 to 04.08.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: SVN 2021 171 Project Manager (IBM) (P3) Jakarta, Indonesia (57094041) Released
Posting: Posting NC57094045 (57094045) Released