Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, Human Resources Operations and Administrative Services (MHRO) and direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer (Operations Support Unit); and in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters, the Manila Administrative Center (MAC), and the Human Resources Advisory Services Unit in the Panama Administrative Center (PAC), the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for global HR data extraction and reporting operations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Gather, compile, and analyze various HR-related data, primarily from the Organization’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution. Independently identify other data sources as may be necessary.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports within prescribed deadlines, and ensure their presentation is timely and appropriate to the needs of the target audience. Independently liaise with requestors at various levels of the Organization to understand their specific reporting requirements and deliver tailored solutions. Ensure that produced reports comply with the Organization’s data protection principles. Conduct various levels of analysis upon request.
- Participate in the development and updates of standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to data extraction and report preparation to ensure business continuity and effective knowledge management.
- Function as the focal point for the development of reporting-related enhancements to the Organization’s ERP solution. Proactively and independently identify opportunities for new technical enhancements, provide inputs to their business requirements, and conduct in-system testing. Liaise with ICT to identify and correct any reporting-related technical issues.
- Research, test, and explore various communication platforms and promote use of the most effective medium to enhance presentation of data and reports, with a particular preference for interactive, cloud-based solutions.
- Actively seek new opportunities and undertake research and testing of various technologies and tools that will efficiently boost the coordination, dissemination, and safe-keeping of reports and statistical staffing data.
- Independently review produced reports for accuracy and implement continuous quality assurance and control measures to reduce defects. Proactively escalate any data integrity issues to the attention of the ICT counterparts as well as to units in MAC-MHRO and PAC-HRAS, as applicable
- Develop and deliver on-line trainings to various users on reporting and quality assurance-related topics.
- Maintain the Unit’s intranet page.
- Serve as the back-up to other members of the team.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience.
- At least two years of experience in a role requiring data extraction (preferably from an SAP-based ERP solution), report preparation and dashboards.
- Experience with international organizations would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with Power BI and Microsoft Access would be an advantage.
- Experience with with the Microsoft suite of collaboration solutions (e.g., SharePoint, Teams).
- Familiarity with visual design tools (e.g., Visio, Publisher, Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, or similar) and other tools that can be used for training such as Powerpoint Kahoot, among others would be a strong advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, detail-oriented outputs with minimum supervision.
- Analytic, with attention to details, critical thinking, self-learner, and ability to organize work in a methodical way.
- Discreet, clients-oriented, creative, with initiative and willingness to learn new things.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Proactively seeks responsibility in delivering towards the goals of the Organization.
- Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
- Stands by the actions of team or department, publicly accepting ownership.
- Takes responsibility of own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
- Listens and seeks to understand without bias, and responds appropriately.
- Shares information and keeps others up to date; actively seeks others' views and ideas and respects their contribution.
Managing and sharing knowledge
- Disseminates and shares knowledge openly and actively contributes to knowledge/network communities for topics relevant to area of expertise.
- Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
- Builds networks for the effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas and puts others into contact with various sources of knowledge.
- Contributes to an environment that is conducive to innovation and learning.
- Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
- Displays a high level of cultural awareness, sensitivity to different ways of working and leverages individual strengths in order to build a better team.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and ensures that the contribution of others is recognized.
- Helps create a positive team spirit, putting aside personal considerations to help the team achieve its goals.
- Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs.
- Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
- Monitors own and others’ work in a systematic and effective way, ensuring required resources and outputs.
- Aligns projects with Organization’s mission and objectives and demonstrates a good understanding of the impact of team’s and own work on external and internal counterparts.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications online by clicking the APPLY button and completing the profile registration.