The MERL Manager will lead the development and oversight of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Results, and Learning (MERL ) for the FS/TIP project and ensure data quality and collaborative learning and adaptation throughout implementation. The MERL Manager is responsible for developing and overseeing all aspects of FS/TIP’s, monitoring, evaluation, and learning plans, data management, planning, research, and evidence activities. He/she develops data collection tools, evaluations, and research studies; trains staff and NGO Implementing Partners; monitors progress toward program results; provides up-to-date learning and adaptation; reports on performance information into USAID’s development information system; leads collaborative learning activities (CLA), including leveraging data for annual pause-and-reflect sessions and adaptive management; develops baseline, endline, and other research using international best practices; and supervises the MERL Associate.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical leadership for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) to the project team to ensure Winrock and USAID M&E requirements are met on a timely basis;
- Guides FS/TIP data collection, management and verification of the data, and display the results – based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs. This includes data analysis, reporting, and dissemination, building the capacities of M&E and technical staff in these areas, and ensuring compliance;
- Develops an efficient and accurate data collection and analysis system that includes efficient processes for collecting and analyzing data and ensuring data quality;
- Builds the capacities of the FS/TIP project team in MEL and participates in Winrock International’s Community of Practice;
- Monitors and reviews progress achieving targets and objectives under the program results framework and effective implementation of projects M&E activities;
- Provides leadership within the FS/TIP program team and with partners on planning and implementation of M&E data collection, reporting and reviews;
- Coordinates with staff, partners and USAID, participates in all data validation exercises;
- Collaborates on the production of quarterly M&E indicator data and produces reports for the project component manager and USAID;
- Ensures quick learning and adapting processes through process monitoring of program implementation;
- Shares monthly and quarterly M&E data with component managers to assess progress on program outputs and achievement of program objectives;
- Conducts internal mid-term and other periodic progress reviews of subawardees and conducts training and feedback to improve implementation, and as needed to prepare for external reviews;
- Supports the COP, component managers, and other program staff to design appropriate strategies for achieving project objectives and goals;
- Works with FS/TIP staff, USAID, other stakeholders in identifying research opportunities that will enhance the understanding of TIP and Child marriage interventions;
- Conceptualizes research activities including learning questions for FS/TIP and relevant stakeholder’s groups, including the approach and expected use, and dissemination plans;
- Leads the development of TORs, selection of researchers, monitoring of progress, development and dissemination of findings, and integration of findings into FS/TIP interventions;
- Develops and integrates into the FS/TIP results framework learning objectives, expected results, indicators and targets, and processes for collecting data on progress;
- Designs and coordinates implementation of learning workshops, trainings, and other activities for staff and partners;
- Coordinates documentation and dissemination of best practices, lessons learned, research findings and progress reported through routine project monitoring to ensure uptake and use of learning to improve FS/TIP and interventions of other stakeholder groups as appropriate;
- Reports and analyzes information utilizing mapping of activities, outputs, and outcomes using GIS, as well as other mapping and visual presentation applications;
- Coordinates with the Winrock communications team to disseminate important findings.
- Master’s level degree required in social science discipline, such as statistics, public health, public policy, economics or a related field, and/or specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience managing and implementing complex MEL systems for international development projects, preferably with USAID;
- Experience managing large M&E databases, conducting timely data analysis, and developing reports. SQL database experience preferred;
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, managing and developing surveys, designing and implementing data collection tools;
- Experience with mobile data collection strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with USAID M&E requirements strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with emerging trends in MERL addressing human trafficking and child marriage especially in the context of Bangladesh.
- Fluent Bangla and English;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and manage multiple competing priorities and activities.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.