The position of Resource Mobilization Adviser (Intelligence and Projections) is located in the Resource Mobilization Branch (RMB), Division of Communications and Strategic Partnerships (DCS), responsible for overseeing and guiding UNFPA’s efforts to build the partnerships needed to ensure funding and financing needed to implement UNFPA’s mandate. The role is supervisory as the incumbent will oversee RMB’s projections and intelligence team.
You will report directly to the Chief of RMB.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Funding and financing in support of UNFPA has strongly grown in recent years and now comes from a diverse number of public sector sources, including government donors, multilateral and regional financing institutions, and the UN system. The post as Senior Adviser Public Partnerships: Resource Mobilization, Intelligence, and Projections, is a new post created to support UNFPA management and partners with first-rate analytical, projections and policy capacity in an increasingly diverse partnerships environment. The incumbent will be responsible for bringing together UNFPA’s existing intelligence, projections and policy development work with enhanced analytical capacity, in support of UNFPA’s country and regional offices.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree with specialization in business administration, (financial) management, public administration or a related subject in the international development field.
Knowledge and Experience:
● At least 10 years of relevant progressively responsible international professional experience, including at the country and regional level, preferably with previous experience/exposure to the UN sustainable development system, UN operational activities, policies, and UN funding instruments;
● Good analytical skills, including financial data analysis and projections;
● Good written and oral communication skills;
● Proven experience with partnership building, management and financial reporting;
● Proven familiarity with UN Reforms, in particular as they relate to policy, funding and financing for development and humanitarian activities,
● Ability to successfully execute fund portfolio management and coordination functions;
● Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective relationships both within and outside the organization.
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is highly desirable for this role as interface with bilateral and multilateral partners