Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $500 million annually to support the mission of the organization.
MSF-USA is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our new, growing team and lead our migration from our legacy donor database, ROI to a modern tech stack including Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP), Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), Springboard, a data warehouse, and multiple integrations.
Reporting to the Director of CRM Strategy, the Senior Project Manager will work closely with senior leaders, fundraising stakeholders, the Systems (IT) team, as well as external vendors to launch Salesforce, its integrations, and data warehouse on time and on budget. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for providing regular communication to project teammates and senior management regarding project status, budget, risks, decisions, delivery quality, and resource-related issues using appropriate monitoring tools and techniques.
The Senior Project Manager establishes and nurtures collaborative relationships with all technical and non-technical stakeholders of the complex and interdependent project workstreams.
- Manage the successful implementation of a large scale, enterprise Salesforce project and its related streams through effective scope, timeline, and budget management.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive timeline, detailed project plans, RAID (Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies) logs, and critical path items for all assigned initiatives.
- Track project deliverables using designated project management tools (making recommendations for tools as needed) and report on progress at agreed-upon intervals.
- Define and ensure necessary tools and templates are created to support the launch project management processes (e.g., meeting agendas, shared intranet collaboration space, shared calendars)
- Support project and change management communication strategy with the CRM Director and Senior Manager of Training and Change Management.
- Support Director of CRM Strategy in preparing project updates for the CRM Steering Committee and organizational leadership
- As conflicts or issues arise, identify solutions and contribute to their resolution, escalating to the CRM Director as necessary.
- Implement and manage project change controls and interventions to keep project deliverables on track and identify risks early.
- Coordinate ongoing risk management activities and propose mitigation strategies as risks arise.
- Ensure project completion criteria have been met.
- Obtain explicit stakeholder approval for project deliverables.
- Facilitate project evaluations and assessment of results.
- Recommend opportunities to establish project management best practices and optimize internal processes for the CRM project and Development department more broadly.
- Minimum two years experience managing and implementing complex Salesforce projects, including large-scale data migrations and integrations
- Experience using project management software such as Smartsheet, JIRA, Confluence and/or tools to manage project tasks and timelines
- Demonstrated significant organizational skills and experience leading projects from conception, schedule, design, testing, through launch and stabilization.
- Experience with project management methodologies and industry standard practices for technology projects (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Hybrid, etc.)
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating good judgment and creative/original thinking to address the demands of the business.
- Ability to influence, motivate and provide clear direction.
- Skilled in overseeing multiple projects with budget responsibilities.
- Must have excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships while speaking with influence.
- Strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Strong commitment to MSF mission and humanitarian principles
- Five years of experience managing and implementing complex Salesforce projects
- Nonprofit experience, with particular emphasis on managing fundraising technology projects
- Experience project managing an implementation of Salesforce NPSP or NGOC
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is a plus
- Skilled in vendor contract negotiation
Please note that relocation assistance and visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
No phone calls and emails please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
Pay Class & Contract Type
Regular FT Salaried Exempt
Starting salary $103,000.04 - $110,220.24 (commensurate with experience)
Working Time (Hours Per Week)