The Division of Human Resources maintains a roster of applicants interested in General Service positions. Qualified candidates who are available for short term administrative assignments are encouraged to register, create personal profiles and submit their online application.
Recruitment for General Service positions is made on a LOCAL BASIS ONLY thus you need to be a legal resident in Austria and possess a valid Austrian working permit. As part of the screening process, an English language test will be conducted.
Registration within the Pipeline does not constitute any formal commitment on the part of the IAEA for taking a particular application into consideration.
Types of engagements
For the pipeline ‘Administrative Support - General Service’ the IAEA engages with candidates who possess expertise at various levels within one or more of the following disciplines:
- Meetings Organization
- Travel Management
- Correspondence and Written Communication
- Logistical Support
- Filing and Archiving
- Records and Documents Administration
- Report Management
- Data Management
Qualification, Experience and Language skills
For the areas mentioned above, general requirements are as follows:
- Completed secondary education (high school diploma) is required.
- Minimum of four years of relevant administrative working experience.
- Knowledge of procedures and administrative guidelines in an international organization is an asset.
- Experience in organizing and administering virtual meetings and events is an asset.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, organize own schedule, perform routine work independently, meet deadlines, adapt to constantly changing demands and multitask.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a busy office environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work effectively among people of different national and cultural backgrounds with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) an asset.
The IAEA offers an attractive remuneration package, including a tax-free net base salary. Remuneration level will be determined by the grade of the short-term assignment.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory medical report. Recruitment will be on a LOCAL BASIS only. Outside applicants are required to supply to the IAEA or to authorize it to seek all information relevant to their suitability for employment by the IAEA. Testing may be part of the recruitment process.
Applicants should be aware that IAEA staff members are international civil servants and may not accept instructions from any other authority. The IAEA is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. As part of the United Nations common system, the IAEA subscribes to the following core ethical standards (or values): Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for diversity. Staff members may be assigned to any location. The IAEA retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade or with a different contract type, or to make an appointment with a modified job description or for shorter duration than indicated above.