- Job-ID: V000045603
- Location: Gaziantep
- Assignment period: 10/01/2021 - 06/30/2022
- Field: Public Health
- Type of employment: full- or part-time
- Application deadline: 08/04/2021
What started as a civilian movement for more democracy, justice and rule of law in Syria turned into a war with international involvement. Within the last 10 years, more than 500,000 Syrians died, more than 10 million people were displaced or forced to leave their country. The health sector is one of the most affected, important and fragile sectors in Syria. The provision of medical services and psychosocial support is insufficient. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, GIZ supports the health system in North-west Syria (and in future in Northeast Syria) with payment of salaries, capacity development and technical advice as well as supporting the health sector with mental health and psychosocial support measures. All activities are conducted through implementation partners in a remote management setting from Gaziantep/Turkey and in future also in Northeast Syria from Erbil/Iraq.
- Responsibility for the technical, content-related and organisational implementation of the project in complete remote management
- Steering, planning, organising and monitoring components, and/or measures and activities of GIZs contract
- Drafting plans of operations, managing the budget, managing assigned appraisers/consultants and steering and providing advisory and support inputs to partners
- Monitoring and execution of the budget and building up a network of partners in the health sector
- Leading an international team, based in two locations (Gaziantep and Erbil)
- Cooperation with all projects working in the Syria portfolio and support to the further development of the portfolio as part of the Syria portfolio management team
- Designing concepts for quality and knowledge management themes, sharing the specific experiences of the health project
- Advising the commissioner but also the relevant embassies and the German Foreign Office on all questions related to the health sector in Syria
- Master’s degree in a relevant field as health, social sciences, etc. with extensive experience in public health
- Proven track record in managing and implementing high-volume grants
- Good knowledge of GIZ's internal instruments and procedures
- Experience in Remote management including Third-Party-Monitoring
- Proven track record in development cooperation in crisis context, preferably in the region
- High levels of flexibility, reliability and motivation
- Proven track record of professional experience in managing multicultural teams with strong facilitation, leadership and communication skills
- Fluency in English; German and Arabic language skills would be an asset
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations. You can find further information in the Guide to the Collective Agreement on Assignment Conditions in Fragile Contexts.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Turkey.
The security situation requires heightened vigilance. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Start date is flexible.
Contract renewal is possible.
If you have any questions about benefits and employment opportunities for accompanying partners, please contact: email@example.com
The field of activity of the position relates to Syria. The activities are currently carried out to Gaziantep, in future some activities are also supposed to be implemented from Erbil, Northern Iraq.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.