Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützt die GIZ die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen.
- Job-ID: V000046247
- Location: Belgrad
- Assignment period: 01/17/2022 - 01/16/2026
- Field: Climate Change, Environment
- Type of employment: part-time
- Application deadline: 08/06/2021
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Technical Assistance for Western Balkans Investment Framework Infrastructure Project Facility.”
The overall objective of the Technical Assistance (TA) operation is to improve the preparation and implementation of priority infrastructure projects at Western Balkans IPA Beneficiaries and regional level in the following sectors: Digital, Energy, Environment, Social and Transport.
The purpose of this TA operation is to support the preparation and implementation of priority investment projects to be financed by a combination of grants and loans in the environment, energy, social, transport and digital sectors and when requested support the capacity building of the beneficiaries.
The Environment Sectoral Project Manager (ESPM) will report directly to the TL and be mainly responsible for ensuring high quality performance of the main outputs and deliverables and the timing of implementation of sub-projects during the different phases (PFS, FS, DD, TP, etc.…) in Environment sector and sub-sectors. He/she will be responsible for the timely identification and mobilization of the non-key medium / Long-term sectoral project managers and senior and junior non-key experts which will form the implementation teams of the sub-projects in the Environment sector.
The ESPM should have very good interpersonal skills and a record of successful project experience.
Qualification and skills:
- academic background in engineering, preferably at masters level or equivalent, specialised in Environment sector or equivalent
- proficient in oral and written English language
General professional experience:
- 15 years of general working experience
- 10 years managerial experience, of which 2 acquired years of working experience as team leader, in particular in coordinating simultaneously several multi-disciplinary and/or multicultural teams of senior professionals, ideally with international organisations EC / IFI (AFD, , EIB, EBRD, CEB, KfW, WB, etc.)
Specific professional experience:
- 10 years of experience with Environment infrastructure projects participating to the preparation of project documentation (feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, tender dossiers, etc.)
- 5 years proven experience in managing projects and multicultural teams outside his/her country of origin
- 5 years proven experience in working with public administrations and/or national organisations of Transition Economies would be an advantage
- familiarity with EC/IFI procedures/requirements, on environmental and social impact assessment and/or economic appraisal of project (CBA) and/or international procurement standards
- experience in the IPA countries listed in the Annexes I and II of the Council Regulation EC 1085/2006 would be an advantage
The ESPM expert will have excellent interpersonal skills. He/she will also need to possess excellent drafting skills and to be a good communicator with the key stakeholders (local Beneficiaries, lead IFI and relevant EUDs). He/she will be responsible for the timely and quality delivery of project outputs.
Project activities will be carried out in the region of the Western Balkans where the Consultant will establish a project office in agreement with the Contracting Authority.
Commencement date & Period of implementation
The intended commencement date is 17th January 2022 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date.
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disabilities, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.