About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 350 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
The ECF is brings together diverse perspectives and backgrounds to find the best innovative solutions to tackle climate change. We are focusing on engaging and hiring great people from a wide diversity of backgrounds to strengthen the cause. If you share our values of respect, innovation, and collaboration, join us
As towns, cities and countries around the world declare climate emergencies, seas rise, forests burn, glaciers melt, increasing numbers of people take to the streets demanding urgent action and our societies begin to wake up to what the science has been saying for many years, there has never been a more important time to be working on climate change.
About the role
The ECF’s Strategic Communications Team is the outreach unit of the Foundation. The team acts as a centre of expertise on climate communications and seeks to help create more political, media and public endorsement for action on climate change at an international, European and sectoral level. The team delivers strategic advice, communications and outreach services to ECF programmes and grantees and helps build strategic communications capacity in the wider climate community.
As Digital Senior Associate, you will support the ECF Strategic Communications team with the development and implementation of digital campaigns on key EU workstreams (eg. European Green Deal, Green Recovery…) and various EU sectorial policy issues (eg. clean transportation, energy production, sustainable finance…) as well as around key EU decision-making moments, to help us and our partners reach key audiences with relevant content in a timely way.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a digital communications specialist with a sincere interest in climate and energy issues to engage and play an active role in helping speed up the transition at the European level. If you think this sounds like you, please apply!
- Supporting the ECF programs teams, their grantees and the wider climate community with strategic advice on digital communications and campaigning;
- Leading on a variety of digital outreach campaigns, from creating digital strategies to implementing them yourself or project managing their implementation:
- Writing copy for graphics, videos and websites, and producing graphics and video content;
- Overseeing or producing contents on a variety of social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook;
- Setting up ads on social media platforms (especially LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook) and search engines (especially Google).
- Helping to organise and maintain A/B testing programmes, and using digital metrics to assess which content is performing best in any given campaign or A/B test.
- Regularly posting search engine optimised content to existing websites and generally leading on website management;
- Creating simple campaign websites and helping to optimise them for search engines.
- Completing research tasks (such as building audience or influencers lists, social listening analysis, and looking into new tools to help our work) ;
- Collaborating with partners to align narratives, set messaging, and coordinate strategies to engage a wide range of audiences ;
- Monitoring and reporting on the impact of campaigns;
- Working with the Strategic communications team to improve the way the team uses digital metrics to assess its impact;
- Working hand-in hand with an international network of communications experts who seek to advance the momentum of the low carbon transition;
- Administrative tasks related to digital campaigns (such as organising calls with partners, liaising with freelancers and agencies, agenda setting, note taking, maintaining libraries and databases).
Experience and competencies
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of the organization;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in digital marketing or digital campaigning;
- Up to speed with the latest online communication tools and social media platforms;
- Experience running social media campaigns independently (mapping out audiences, creating and distributing content, assessing impact);
- Experience running social media channels (drafting and scheduling posts, building a community of followers, reporting to colleagues on what’s working);
- Experience setting up ads on social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter, and search engines such as Google;
- Experience managing websites (planning contents, uploading blog pieces, performing basic SEO);
- Experience with digital metrics, how to judge whether a campaign has been successful or not, and how to report that information to colleagues with less digital experience;
- Experience in managing external service providers on digital communications;
- An eye for design, and familiarity with content creation tools like Canva or Lumen5;
- The passion and creativity required to experiment constantly;
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal;
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of ECF, and a commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to facing climate change;
- The ability to work and learn quickly, both independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced, international environment ;
- The disposition to work with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers.
- Comfortable to act as a representative on calls and meetings with partner organisations ;
- Strong time and priority management, high level of independence and can-do mentality, good team-player with a passion for excellence.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with ambition and a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A full-time permanent employment contract.
Brussels preferred or any other ECF location (Paris, London, Berlin and The Hague).
Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for the work location in case applicable.
As soon as possible
How to apply
Please upload your CV and cover letter (both in English!).
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.