Finance department at Ashoka is a multi-locational team environment that requires its staff to balance many different responsibilities and projects at once and deal with a lot of different teams and personalities within and outside of the organization. Finance Intern should be ready to jump in and help the team with both ad hoc and longer-term projects to be able to thrive in our constantly changing environment.
This is an unpaid internship opportunity. This opportunity is remote. Hours flexible, 20+ weekly strongly preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (may include but are not limited to):
• Assisting in day-to-day Finance operations including frequent Confluence space updating, Finance newsletter and design, preparation, and organization of training materials
• Take part in the compilation of US GAAP vs local country GAAP adjustments
• Learn Sales Force integration at Ashoka and assist with vendor invoices and PEX debit card transaction review/reconciliation
• Adding employee names to AP modules; scrub Global vendors for necessary information (payment due dates, discounts, 1099 form).
• Update current Revenue data with Vendor names, including any reclasses of Revenue.
• Other special projects
• Strong desire to contribute at an international non-profit organization
• A recent graduate or currently enrolled in an accredited university or college as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student
• Degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field highly preferred
• Proven analytical skills plus expertise in Excel
• Ability to learn on the go, good self-organization, and attention to detail
• Optional: Experience in Sales Force, Net Suite