- Job-ID: V000046162
- Location: Bruxelles
- Assignment period: 11/01/2021 - 10/31/2025
- Field: Climate Change, Environment
- Type of employment: full- or part-time
- Application deadline: 07/29/2021
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is currently bidding for the EU-funded tender: „Greening EU Cooperation Facility – Technical Assistance for the Integration (or Mainstreaming) of Environment, Biodiversity, Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) in EU Development Cooperation.”
The project consists in the establishment of a technical assistance facility and the provision of technical assistance services to improve the integration (mainstreaming) of Environment, Biodiversity, Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction (EBCD) considerations and objectives in EU supported policies, programmes, investments and budget support operations. The services provided aim at ensuring that EBCD issues are adequately mainstreamed in EU supported policies, programmes and investments/development cooperation and that efforts in the areas of EBCD are adequately tracked and reported on. The main target groups include development partners involved in EU international cooperation, including government counterparts, regional and continental organisations, as well as intermediaries involved in relevant EU programmes; EU delegations and Commission services.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in environmental science and/or management, sustainable development, economics, natural resources management, engineering, or related disciplines
- Proven experience and knowledge of established methodologies and tools for the integration (or mainstreaming) of EBCD in policies, programmes, projects and investments
- Sound knowledge of aid delivery methods and the project cycle management.
- High-quality writing and communication skills
- A minimum C1 Level in English.
- A minimum B2 Level in French will be considered as an asset.
General professional experience:
- At least 7 years of professional experience, including 3 years in the context of development cooperation
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years working on EBCD matters, including at least 3 years of professional experience explicitly dedicated to EBCD mainstreaming
- At least 4 years of experience on development matters related to Neighbourhood and/or Enlargement Regions
- A least 2 years of field experience on development matters in Neighbourhood and/or Enlargement Regions (in situ)
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disabilities, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.