- Job-ID: V000045991
- Location: Kiew
- Assignment period: 10/01/2021 - 09/30/2025
- Field: Governance
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 07/17/2021
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Covenant of Mayors Eastern Partnership – Phase III”.
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is to enable local authorities in EaP countries to develop and implement sustainable energy and climate actions, therefore significantly contributing to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption, increasing generation of renewable energy, and adaptation to climate change.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- Encourage more local authorities to sign up to the CoM EaP and its 2030 targets, and increase the support of regional and national authorities to CoM signatories.
- Provide support to CoM signatories in developing and implementing their SECAPs, including building up technical capacities for improved local planning and management. In addition, the project will deliver targeted support to facilitate signatories’ access to financing of municipal projects, in particular those that are a part of the SECAPs.
- Raise awareness among local population, especially women and youth about the relevance of local energy and climate action; to provide them with tools to actively contribute to the local challenges, as well as increase women’s participation in local energy and climate action.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, economics, communication, geography, urban planning/development, architecture, engineering, or another relevant, directly related discipline to this assignment. Alternatively, secondary education diploma and 8 years of full-time proven relevant experience additional to the requested specific professional experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English (C2 level) both oral and written. Good working knowledge of Russian (B2 level) is an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 7 years of experience in designing and/or implementing development projects.
Specific professional experience
- At least 4 years of experience in sustainable urban development and in the empowerment of the planning/management capacities of municipalities. Experience in the Eastern Partnership countries is a strong asset ;
- Experience with technical aspects of investment projects, including experience working with LAs, as well as demonstrated ability for fruitful dialogue and cooperation with various stakeholders, including from the civil society, IFIs and private sector.
The project will have one office, location of which should allow good access from/to other countries and cities in the region. The Team Leader (TL) should ideally be based in the main office of the project. Preference shall be given to a location that ensures sustainability after the end of the project.
The Contractor is expected to suggest location for the office, which may also be the existing location of CoM secretariat. The final decision will be made by the Contracting Authority. The office will be functional within four weeks from the project start date.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is October 2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date (880 working days).
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disabilities, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.