- Job-ID: V000045990
- Location: Kiew
- Assignment period: 10/01/2021 - 09/30/2025
- Field: Governance
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 07/17/2021
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Covenant of Mayors Eastern Partnership – Phase III”.
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is to enable local authorities in EaP countries to develop and implement sustainable energy and climate actions, therefore significantly contributing to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption, increasing generation of renewable energy, and adaptation to climate change.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- Encourage more local authorities to sign up to the CoM EaP and its 2030 targets, and increase the support of regional and national authorities to CoM signatories.
- Provide support to CoM signatories in developing and implementing their SECAPs, including building up technical capacities for improved local planning and management. In addition, the project will deliver targeted support to facilitate signatories’ access to financing of municipal projects, in particular those that are a part of the SECAPs.
- Raise awareness among local population, especially women and youth about the relevance of local energy and climate action; to provide them with tools to actively contribute to the local challenges, as well as increase women’s participation in local energy and climate action.
The team leader (KE1) is the final responsible for what concerns the implementation of this contract. S/he shall be the one organising and managing the team of non-key experts and its activities. S/he shall be in daily contact with the other members of the team. S/he plans, monitors and reports on the project activities. S/he is in weekly contact with the European Commission services. He/she will be in charge of ensuring that a system of quality control is put in place and the timely delivery of the highest quality results. The tenderer shall submit a CV and a Statement of Exclusivity and Availability for the team leader.
Qualifications and skills
- Master degree or equivalent diploma in climate, energy, environmental sciences, economics and/or management, or a relevant, directly related discipline;
- Excellent knowledge of English (C2 level) both oral and written. Good working knowledge of Russian (B2 level) is an asset.7
- Strong planning and very good organisational skills are required.
- Strong inter-personal and networking skills are essential.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of professional experience in an international development context;
- At least 5 years of experience in leading international cooperation project teams. Experience in leading an EU cooperation project team is an asset.
- Proven experience in engaging with high-level stakeholders and successfully managing multicultural teams.
- Proven experience in writing analytical reports and/or technical papers.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years professional experience in local governance issues including experience working with LAs;
- Proven experience working on climate change action, energy or environmental policy. Experience in managing and/or advising climate change adaptation, mitigation and/or climate finance projects is a strong asset.
- At least 5 years professional experience working in/on the EaP region.
The project will have one office, location of which should allow good access from/to other countries and cities in the region. The Team Leader (TL) should ideally be based in the main office of the project. Preference shall be given to a location that ensures sustainability after the end of the project.
The Contractor is expected to suggest location for the office, which may also be the existing location of CoM secretariat. The final decision will be made by the Contracting Authority. The office will be functional within four weeks from the project start date.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is October 2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date (880 working days).
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disabilities, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.