The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 350 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
As towns, cities and countries around the world declare climate emergencies, seas rise, forests burn, glaciers melt, increasing numbers of people take to the streets demanding urgent action and our societies begin to wake up to what the science has been saying for many years, there has never been a more important time to be working on climate change.
The ECF’s Strategic Communications Team is currently accepting applications for the role of Strategic Communications and Administration Associate.
You will report to the Human Rights Lead.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to use their skills to contribute to advocating for the rights of refugees and migrants, especially in an era of worsening climate impacts.
Administration tasks include:
- External reporting: managing the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of our work. This will include supporting the development of regular information flows internally and to funders and partners
- Managing the project budget: acting as a link between Operations and the project team to ensure smooth reporting to funders
- Tracking internal timelines to ensure the team is meeting objectives
- Team support: supporting the team with administrative tasks, scheduling calls, taking minutes, updating documents. You will also need to manage requests and inquiries from partners and funders and work with the lead to ensure this is delivered
- Coordinating procurement, contracting and invoicing processes in close collaboration with the Operations team
- Supporting the project’s regranting scheme: Tasks will include identifying projects run by partner organisations which will be funded through the scheme, supporting their reporting and evaluation process, and compiling our stories of success for internal reporting
Strategic communications tasks include:
- Tackling political, public and media debates around the Border and Surveillance Industry, including undertaking media analysis using network tools, as well as media monitoring and media database searches
- Working with the team’s digital strategist to develop and execute digital campaigns
- Acting as the social media content manager of social media accounts, ensuring a daily flow of content that promotes our key messaging
- Undertaking company- or issues-based research
- Supporting the team to write media briefs
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of the ECF
- At least two years’ experience in a similar support role where you have managed budgets and have experience in reporting and evaluation and stakeholder management
- A fast learner with a can-do attitude, comfortable to work in a dynamic international environment
- Superior English language skills, both written and verbal
- Good command of MS Office package (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint) as well as other collaboration tools
- Able to work independently and a good team player
- Flexible with the ability to work towards deadlines, prioritising between multiple tasks
- An impeccable work ethic and ability to work with sensitive, confidential information
- The disposition to work generously with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers
- The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across phone/video conferencing, time zones, slack, email, Trello, etc.
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to facing human rights, climate, nutrition and biodiversity challenges
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A full-time position with an employment or consultancy contract (depending on location) for 12 months, subject to renewal.
- A position at 80% (4 days per week) with a consultant or employment contract (subject to location, negotiable) for one year, with a possible renewal after one year.
Based in the UK or Europe. Co-working spaces are available in some locations.
We are unable to offer sponsorship for a work permits.
July 1 2021
How to apply
Please attach below in English:
- Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) explaining why you would be suited to the position.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.