WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders performing front office management functions typically report to the Deputy Directors or Head of Offices. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of business support activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to more junior colleagues.
Under the direct supervision of Administrative Associate, the Administration Assistant (Guesthouse Management) will work in WFP Accommodation facilities in Sana’a and shall perform the following duties:
• Serve as WFP accommodation focal point for WFP provided accommodation facilities, ensuring that
rooms are properly maintained and guests are assisted before and during their stay, maintain
appropriate and close coordination with external parties and contractors;
• Supervise and manage the performance of external suppliers to ensure high quality and reliable services
to the residents- housekeeping, catering, etc.
• Ensure full inventory and management of NFIs in WFP rooms, apartments and common areas and
perform regular physical inventory;
• Ensure proper management of apartments’ access cards and keys;
• Ensure timely maintenance and cleaning of meeting rooms, office and terrace areas, ensuring full
readiness for events;
• Communicate and coordinate any support required from contractors and ETC staff throughout the
events, and timely attend to any urgent needs.
• Provide regular reports to the Supervisor on the AOR.
• Manage occupancy and efficient allocation of rooms; ensure booking requests are received/processed
through the Humanitarian Booking Hub;
• Define service requirements (cleaning, catering, maintenance and sanitation, security, utilities,
transport, NFIs, etc.);
• Work in close collaboration with Engineering and Security Units to ensure efficient management of the
premises as well as adequacy and safety of fixtures;
• Use the Digital Office within the Humanitarian Booking Hub for booking, occupancy and reporting;
• Maintain records of all accommodation management-related income and expenditures.
• Conduct regular inspections to ensure quality standards are met, proper supplies and services are
available, and furniture and equipment are in good working order;
• Work closely with the contractors and ensure adequate infrastructure maintenance schedules are in
place and adhered to;
• Ensure regular supply, treatment and servicing of all water and sanitation related equipment, including
• Perform regular checks of emergency food/hibernation kit, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, ETBs, etc.;
• Ensure that contingency food stocks are properly stored and keep a tracking system updated and
monitored; plan for the timely replenishment of the stocks.
• Oversee and coordinate the maintenance of equipment with relevant units;
• Explore possible green waste disposal options.
• Propose solutions for cost-effective and high quality and timely services; perform market search
• Monitor and evaluate contracted work ensuring that contractors’ performance is in accordance with
prescribed requirements and deliverables; apply Key Performance Indicators to monitor and
demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and lead improvement initiatives;
• Timely address all inconsistencies and, as/when required, escalate issues to the direct supervisor.
• Establish a solid feedback mechanism with the residents;
• Keep good communication with the residents and address any concern in a polite and timely manner;
• Take swift actions on complaints and recommend improvements;
• Maintain record of all incidents and ensure timely remedial actions.
Perform other Units as required by the Administration Officer.
24 June 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.