The Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data, hosted at UNF, is a fast-growing, dynamic international partnership bringing together hundreds of different organizations including governments, UN agencies, private companies, civil society organizations, and many others. We convene, connect, and catalyze action to address the problems of poor data use, access, quality, and production, and to work with stakeholders to fully harness the new opportunities of the data revolution in the service of sustainable development. We aim to link and align action, capacities, and resources across geographies, sectors, and data communities.
The Operations Associate supports GPSDD by assisting with grants and contracts processes and providing logistical support to the Secretariat. Reporting to the Associate Director of Operations, the Associate will help ensure that GPSDD is meeting all UNF and funder requirements as it implements its activities. Working closely with the Operations Officer, the Associate will be integral to ensuring that internal and external events are successful by helping to arrange travel and logistics.
Grants and Contracts Support:
- Manage information in Salesforce on GPSDD grants and contracts
- Conduct due diligence checks for all partners, grantees, and contractors
- Assist with other compliance processes
- Maintain filing systems for all grants and contracts documents
- Follow up with grantees and contractors on outstanding deliverables and invoices
- Assist with the procurement process
- Draft simple contracts
- Review contractor invoices and bills for accuracy, prepare payment requests and work with the Budget and Finance teams to process payments
- Arrange meeting logistics and manage logistics during meetings (scheduling people, conference rooms and video/teleconferences, greeting guests, note taking, catering, cleanup)
- Assist in making travel arrangements for Secretariat and event participants (including preparing travel authorizations/letters of invitation, booking transportation, and lodging, and preparing travel reimbursements)
- Provide on-site event support at various events (domestic and international)
- Prepare expense and credit card reports
- Assist with timekeeping processes, including tracking Secretariat vacations and absences
- Manage team-wide communications and file management tools
- Draft and edit internal and external correspondence, when requested
- Maintain other GPSDD databases
- Analyze logistical and financial data to use in future budgeting and planning
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One to three years of administrative experience
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated excellence working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong professional interpersonal skills and diplomacy; the ability to interact with people from diverse, multi-cultural backgrounds
- French language proficiency required, both written and spoken
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally several weeks out of the year as COVID-19 pandemic conditions allow
- Previous experience with contracts preferred
- Previous experience with events management preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Interest, knowledge or experience in international affairs or data for development
- This role is based in Washington D.C.
- This position will have a skill assessment as part of the interview process
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.