Strategic Communications MBA Intern
Do you want to be at the forefront of organizational leadership and communications in one of the top strategic, ‘big game’ areas at Ashoka?
Entrepreneur-to-Entrepreneur, E2, is made up of visionary entrepreneurial founders leading high impact, high growth businesses around the world. These entrepreneurs have changed the pattern in their sector or industry, want to invest in social good and have a genuine interest to help further Ashoka’s mission of Everyone a Changemaker (EACH).
You will be joining as a Strategic Communications MBA Intern to launch the newest strategic thinking at Ashoka, E2. The MBA Intern will develop meaningful internal and external stakeholder communication keeping in mind Ashoka’s network of Ashoka Fellows, Young Changemakers and Jujitsu Partners (publishers, consulting companies, entrepreneurial hubs, business schools). The MBA Intern will work alongside Ashoka’s Leadership Group Member (LGM), team and creative designers to design and launch clear communication to stakeholders around legacy journey while enabling Ashoka’s products and pathways to connect in a new way.
Over its 40 years of operation, Ashoka has identified and supported around 4,000 systems-changing social entrepreneurs ("Ashoka Fellows"). Social entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs have the same DNA. In many cases, both want to unleash their purpose for the good of all.
The MBA Intern is part of the Ashoka’s Global Partnerships Team. Working with the LGM, the Strategic Communications MBA Intern will use their creative expertise and knowledge of the group’s goals and value proposition to highlight content for the web, social media and print. The MBA Intern will help us expand our digital footprint and drive value through online and offline content. He/she will ensure the logical flow of all writing produced while maintaining close links with other parts of Ashoka to ensure cohesive marketing strategy.
The Strategic Communications MBA intern will work with the Leadership Group Member and the Global Partnerships Team to:
● Expand the digital footprint and drive value through offline and online content.
● Develop compelling material (entrepreneur biographies, web copy, newsletter, blog posts/LinkedIn content) for communication with network members and external stakeholders.
● Create compelling communication pieces for the new membership kit.
● Maintain close links with other product and pathway teams at Ashoka to ensure alignment.
● Write business model narrative for communication with internal stakeholders.
● Attend weekly Executive Team meetings with Ashoka Founder, Bill Drayton, and work with LGM to provide content for July 2021 board meeting.
● Experience coordinating communications, branding and social media.
● Exceptional research, organization and communication skills.
● Personal experience with changemaking.
● Be visionary and strategic but with strong attention to detail.
● Strong interest and/or background in change management and social impact.
● Experience managing a complex project involving multiple teams in a fast-pace less structured environment.
● Alignment with Ashoka’s core strategy of Everyone a Changemaker.
● MBA Candidates only.
This is an unpaid internship. Virtual and 40hrs/week with flexibility based on interns schedule.