Product Development MBA Intern
Do you want to be at the forefront of operations and financial leadership in one of the top strategic, ‘big game’ areas at Ashoka?
Entrepreneur-to-Entrepreneur, E2, is made up of visionary entrepreneurial founders leading high impact, high growth businesses around the world. These entrepreneurs have changed the pattern in their sector or industry, want to invest in social good and have a genuine interest to help further Ashoka’s mission of Everyone a Changemaker (EACH).
You will be joining as a Product Development MBA Intern to launch the newest strategic thinking at Ashoka, E2. The MBA Intern will co-develop a revenue strategy built on engagement of high impact entrepreneurs in collaboration with Ashoka’s network of Ashoka Fellows, Young Changemakers and Jujitsu Partners (publishers, consulting companies, entrepreneurial hubs, business schools). The MBA Intern will work alongside Ashoka’s Leadership Group Member (LGM), Global Partnerships and Finance teams to define an attainable social and business model for E2
Over its 40 years of operation, Ashoka has identified and supported around 4,000 systems-changing social entrepreneurs ("Ashoka Fellows"). Social entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs have the same DNA. In many cases, both want to unleash their purpose for the good of all.
The MBA Intern is part of the Ashoka’s Global Partnerships Team. Working with the LGM, the Product Development MBA Intern will use their analytical and business acumen to build a business model that drives financial sustainability and social impact.
How do we grow big and fast? The Product Development MBA intern will work with the Leadership Group Member and the Global Partnerships Team to:
● Build a business model based on sample pipeline that drives financial sustainability and social impact leading up to $3-5MM annual revenue for E2.
● Model will highlight E2 contributions towards Ashoka revenue growth of $45-$80MM and enhance the strategic impact of Ashoka’s partnerships and products.
● Tests hypotheses about target market size, cost structure, high net worth demographics, revenue streams and jujitsu partnerships.
● Uncover revenue engines to unlock future investments from stock and other financial vehicles.
● Maintain close links with other product and pathway teams at Ashoka to ensure alignment.
● Attend weekly Executive Team meetings with Ashoka Founder, Bill Drayton, and work with LGM to provide content for July 2021 board meeting.
● Exceptional financial modeling and projection skills.
● Personal experience with changemaking.
● Be visionary and strategic but with strong attention to detail
● Strong interest and/or background in change management and social impact.
● Experience managing a complex project involving multiple teams in a fast-pace less structured environment.
● Alignment with Ashoka’s core strategy of Everyone a Changemaker (EACH).
● MBA Candidates only.
This is an unpaid internship. Virtual and 40hrs/week with flexibility based on interns schedule.