Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where
everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in
such a world where the solutions will outrun our social problems. Ashoka is the largest global network of
leading social entrepreneurs - men and women with system changing solutions for the world's most
important social challenges. Since 1981, Ashoka has elected 3800+ innovative social entrepreneurs as
Ashoka Fellows, providing them with professional and financial support as well as access to a global
network of peers and relevant actors in more than 90 countries. Together with them, Ashoka develops
new models for collaboration and co-creates ecosystems needed to advance the field of social entrepreneurship and the citizen sector. For more information on Ashoka please visit www.ashoka.org
Ashoka Switzerland is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic intern to join its team, a person with a proven
commitment to social change and a solid understanding of social innovation. The intern will mainly handle
the team’s external communication, including social media, website, and newsletters, as well as managing
events planning and outreach. The intern will also contribute to further develop Ashoka’s programs and
partnerships in Switzerland and worldwide.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational, time management and multitasking skills, and will
be self-motivated as well as a strong team player. This is a great opportunity to experience working in the
not-for-profit / social entrepreneurship sector and take on considerable responsibilities.
External Communication (40%)
• Ashoka Switzerland’s website: management of audience and outreach, support with content calendar
and production, copywriting, storytelling and editing.
• Oversee the daily social media calendar on Facebook and LinkedIn
• Handle newsletters for the internal Ashoka community as well as the external circle of subscribers
• Media and journalism: outreach and support to content production
Event Management (30%)
• Supporting the team in guest list management
• Manage contacts database
• Leading and coordinating the logistical delivery of events – including online events.
• Preparation of material for events: invitation, reminder, possible visuals, and others
Support to partnership development and management (30%)
• Support local and international partnerships management: write reporting, organize events, create
workshops, follow-up activities, set-up team meeting, etc.
• Research and create proposals for new partnerships