Position at Ashoka
Ashoka is looking for a Drupal Web Site Builder to join our dynamic, distributed team focused on delivering compelling web solutions for Ashoka’s global changemaking initiatives. The selected candidate will be familiar with theming and development on the Drupal platform but will mostly use the administrative interface to help internal constituents to effectively leverage Ashoka’s web properties. The Drupal Web Site Builder will also be responsible for managing the web ticketing systems for coordinating support requests, ensuring bugs are quickly resolved, providing training to content managers on site features and enhancements, and generally helping to make Ashoka’s diverse set of web solutions are effectively engaging key audiences and communicating Ashoka strategies.
- Manage the web support ticket queues effectively responding to user requests and efficiently moving tickets between the build, design, and content teams;
- Prioritize tickets for execution in collaboration with the build, design, content, and product teams;
- Lead Drupal site building activities in collaboration with internal constituents around the world;
- Execute bug fixes and minor front-end and back-end development activities in support of the build team;
- Participate in QA activities ensuring new features are ready for release;
- Oversee feature release and provide training to support the effective use of site features;
- Ensure user documentation of site features remains up-to-date and accessible;
- Review and assess site content / features and recommend improvements;
- Ensure media file database is organized and accessible;
- Manage vendor and process for translating content into a variety of languages.
Qualifications and Experience
- Take initiative to set personal direction and goals
- Stay current about industry developments
- Work collaboratively within a team to execute on the full system development lifecycle
- Maintain or follow quality assurance procedures
- Demonstrate good time management skills
- Be able to work with different technologies
- Demonstrated ability to innovatively solve technical challenges using Drupal 8 or Drupal 9.
- Experience using Git to manage a common codebase and workflow with a development team.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills (English).
- Familiar with agile team development methodologies.
- Familiar with using ticketing systems especially Jira
This job is no longer available.