The UN Foundation (UNF) was created in 1998 with entrepreneur and philanthropist Ted Turner's historic $1 billion gift to support UN causes and activities. UNF is an advocate for the UN and a platform for connecting people, ideas, and capital to help the United Nations solve global problems including decreasing child mortality, improving disaster relief, protecting diverse cultures and environments, creating a clean energy future, empowering women and girls, and improving U.S.-UN relations. UNF is a public charity that engages in advocacy, grant making, and building partnerships.
Over the last four years, UNF has partnered with lululemon to create and implement a mindfulness curriculum to support UN humanitarian and development workers. Peace on Purpose (PoP) was designed to empower UN staff with mindfulness and training tools. The curriculum employs a set of easily accessible tools that can be delivered virtually and in-person. These tools benefit overall well-being; increasing resilience and decreasing burnout, and enabling frontline workers to continue being effective changemakers amidst the world’s most challenging crises.
Peace on Purpose is at an exciting time, having reached the stage where we are focused on sustainability and scaling up. To support this growth, we are looking to start building our core team, which now consists of the Director and several external consultants. The Coordinator position is a new role that will require an individual who is equally excited to get into the nitty-gritty details as they are to offer solutions-focused thinking. The Coordinator will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations and identifying opportunities where we can work smarter to support systematic growth. We need someone who can execute, and who does so mindfully. Peace on Purpose is in the midst of rapid growth and you will be someone comfortable helping to “build the plane as it flies.”
The Coordinator will be a member of the UN Foundation Advocacy team. They will report to the Director of Peace on Purpose.
Support Peace on Purpose Director:
- Handle scheduling of Peace on Purpose meetings and webinars with UN partners, working across international time zones; assist with scheduling international travel when applicable.
- Maintain working knowledge of the UNF agreement process (for both contracts and grants), and when to utilize the proper templates accordingly. (As applicable to the role)
- Draft and review contracts and maintain an understanding of all agreement terms and applicable flow-downs, consulting with UNF’s finance/contracts team as needed
- Attend training sessions provided by UNF’s contracts team to maintain and keep up to date with UNF’s current policies and procedures
- Maintain a strong knowledge of UNF’s Salesforce database and help to process and track agreements and payments, extract information and prepare reports
- Assist with Peace on Purpose expense tracking, budget reviews, quarterly and yearly business plan reporting, and bi-annual lululemon grant updates
- Help with onboarding and general support for Peace on Purpose intern and future consultants
- When applicable and in accordance with UNF Travel Policy, coordinate travel including preparing travel authorizations, registration for conferences, reimbursements, and coordinating transportation and lodging
- Other programmatic and operational duties as assigned
- Support the development of Peace on Purpose convenings (both online and in-person, when applicable) for UN staff globally
- Lead on program event logistics such as catering, transportation, venue reservation, equipment, etc., liaising with Events staff as necessary
- Ensure compliance with UNF event processes, including travel authorization forms, contracts, and payments
- Create a system for managing, updating and organizing all Peace on Purpose participant emails in MailChimp (or similar platform)
- Manage all Peace on Purpose participant communication around the Explorations Series and Champions Program
- Manage the Peace on Purpose inbox, responding to inquiries from participants in a timely manner, and creating a FAQ document
- College degree or one to three years of professional experience in administration and/or program experience
- Understanding of, and interest in, mindfulness practices
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficiency in either Spanish or French preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and wear multiple hats at once
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, along with an eagerness to receive feedback
- Strong professional interpersonal skills. The ability to establish trusting relationships
- Solutions oriented. If something isn’t working, willingness to name that it isn’t working and propose a solution
- Eagerness to “roll the sleeves up” and get into the nitty-gritty details of a project
- Proficiency with Zoom
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Salesforce database programs a plus
- Knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Previous meeting or event planning experience a plus
- This is a U.S. based remote position working domestic and international time zones
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.