Position Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Communications Department, Digital Unit
Position Status: Permanent
Activity Rate: 60% (Part-Time), 24hours/week
Location: Toronto or Remote
Salary Grade: Level B on the MSF Canada Salary Grid, $53,969 per annum pro rated (non-negotiable)
Status: Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Benefits: Health Spending Account, Lifestyle Spending Account, group insurance (Life, Dependent Life, AD&D), Peace of Mind plan (i.e. prescription drugs, accidental dental, hospital care, etc.), 5% RRSP contributions (no matching required), starting 4 weeks’ Vacation/year, flexible work hours, annual professional development budget, Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), free access to internal Psychosocial Care Unit Services and a positive and innovative office culture grounded in our core values of humanity, integrity and results.
The Digital Audio-Visual Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting the production goals of the office. They will support the implementation of MSF Canada’s digital communications and marketing by supporting the development of videos, live virtual events, infographics, posters, and other creative production content to elevate MSF’s advocacy, communications, and fundraising priorities.
- Supporting the creation of varied digital content, including videos, virtual events, print advertisements, and social media graphics that help achieve cross-departmental digital priorities across MSF Canada
- Ensures consistent brand, logo and style is used in all video and digital productions, and adapts international MSF content to Canadian audiences while respecting MSF Canada’s voice and international style guidelines
- Support the Communications Department with other digital projects
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Graphic Design & Audio-Visual Production: Execute graphic design needs, including the creation of infographics and quote graphics for social media, banners and design assets for e-newsletters, print advertisements and other needs; Develop videos, short films, film interviews, animations, audio recordings, and other audio-visual products; Provide technical support to execute MSF Canada’s virtual and in-person events, including Facebook Lives and webinar-style events for recruitment and advocacy purposes
Please CLICK HERE for complete description.
- Initiative and Innovation; Proficiency Level 2: Take action in complicated and critical situations
- Service Orientation; Proficiency Level 3: Anticipate clients’ needs
- Results and Quality Orientation; Proficiency Level 3: Improve performance and set ambitious and realistic goals
- Behavioural flexibility; Proficiency level L2: Adapt behaviours to the needs of the situation
- Cross-cultural Awareness; Proficiency Level 3: Demonstrate an integrating attitude
- A Commitment to MSF’s Principles; Proficiency Level 2: Act towards the fulfilment of MSF’s Social Mission
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated experience with graphic and print design, sound and audio editing, and film production
- Experienced in editing software (film and audio) and social media broadcast platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite design software (Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
Education, Certifications, and Languages
- English fluency required (spoken and written)
- French working knowledge required (spoken and written)
Interested candidates are invited to apply by providing their resume and responding to the questions below (in lieu of providing a cover letter).
The deadline for applications is Friday, May 28, 2021, 9:00am, EDT. Only electronic applications will be accepted.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): Indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, or women.
NOTE: Any questions or concerns regarding accommodation and accessibility may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-982-7903.