This Post-Grad Intern, Digital Communications will join a collaborative, energetic team that produces wide-ranging content for the UN Foundation’s digital channels. This role will be an active contributor to our team’s content planning, creation and management, helping us deliver strong digital engagement creatively and with distinctive flair. The Post-Grad Intern, Digital Communications will be a savvy, ambitious multi-skilled digital communications leader in the making. They will support day-to-day content creation for UN Foundation websites and social media, and bring fresh, creative ideas for delivering thumb-stopping work. They will be fluent across or have an interest in building skills across digital communication workstreams—planning, copywriting, web content management, design, and analytics. In addition, they will be passionate about our issues and policy priorities such as climate change, gender equality, and global health, and have a deep interest in leveraging communications to build a better world.
- Work collaboratively with Public Affairs colleagues to support the planning, creation, management, publishing and data analysis of digital content.
- Draft copy for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, websites, and toolkits.
- Plan and publish content for UN Foundation websites and bespoke webpages.
- Research topics, audiences, creative assets, and channels to inform content planning.
- Maintain and organize assets on UN Foundation’s websites and asset management platforms.
- Monitor social media channels for issues, trends, and opportunities for real-time engagement and conversation.
- Support the collection and analysis of data, and create reports.
- Design creative assets for day-to-day / breaking-news social media content.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university program in communications, marketing, or public affairs at the graduate level preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Exceptional writing skills, especially for digital channels.
- Comfort with planning and publishing website content, particularly Wordpress and Squarespace.
- Familiarity or experience working with social media management tools such as Hootsuite.
- Familiarity or experience working with digital analytics tools, including Google Analytics and in-platform data tools.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Creative, savvy, and up-to-speed with digital communications trends and good practice.
- Desire to learn and put theory into practice on the job.
- Previous professional communications experience a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as needed.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Must have a personal laptop computer and access to the Internet.
- Must be available to work a maximum of 29 hours per week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.