Publication date: 10 May 2021
Application deadline (midnight local time): 20 May 2021
Job ID: 6078
Department: RO-Asia and the Pacific
Organization Unit: CO-Hanoi
Location: Hanoi (presence may or may not be required at the duty station)
The ILO is issuing a call for expressions of interest for experts who wish to be included in a consultancy database currently being compiled by the ILO Country Office for Viet Nam.
Interested consultants are invited to submit their application on-line in order to establish their profile in the database from which they may be considered for consultancy opportunities that may arise. Inclusion in the database does not guarantee a contract with the ILO. You will be contacted directly by the concerned departments/office if preselected.
Candidates also applying for fixed-term employment positions with the ILO are encouraged to respond to this call for expression of interest if they so wish.
The ILO values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified women and men, including those with disabilities.
To achieve the goal of decent work for all in Viet Nam, the ILO Country Office in Viet Nam operates through the Decent Work Country Programme (DWCP) 2017-2021, which is the main vehicle for delivery of ILO support in the country. Its three main priority areas are (i) Employment and Sustainable Enterprise Development (ii) Social Protection for all (iii) Labour Market Governance. In the implementation of the DWCP, the ILO Office works in close partnership with the Government of Viet Nam, in particular its technical line ministry, MOLISA and its social partners, the employers' and workers' organizations. The Vietnam DWCP is an integral part of the One UN Strategic Plan 2017-2021.
ILO Viet Nam is supporting the General Statistics Office (GSO) of Viet Nam to produce better data on labour and employment to contribute to the realization of the DWCP through different projects. The most recently developed project is to support GSO in implementing the 2021 Economic Census, which covers data on labour in nearly all components of Viet Nam’s economy.
In this context, ILO Viet Nam will hire a national consultant to support ILO in delivering its assistance to GSO on the Economic Census and other on-going statistical work.
The objective of this consultancy work is to support ILO in coordinating the delivery of assistance to GSO, including technical and admin activities.
The Consultant will work mainly with the National Project Coordinator, under the overall coordination of the Labour Economist, and in collaboration with ILO specialists of Decent Work Team in Bangkok and Headquarters in Geneva. Due to the cross cutting nature of the work, a strong coordination within the various projects and specialists of the ILO will be required.
1. Develop questions on labour and employment to be included in questionnaires under the 2021 Economic Census of the GSO
2. Collect data from establishment surveys and 2021 Economic Census of the GSO
3. Undertake fieldtrips for monitoring and assessment of the 2021 Economic Census of the GSO
4. Report on all technical discussions between ILO and GSO around the 2021 Economic Census of the GSO
5. Collect data on trades of Viet Nam for the research on “Trade and Decent Work” co-authored by ILO and ILSSAv
Expected results of this consultancy work include
This consultancy assignment will take place from June to December 2021. The consultant will deliver following deliverables:
1 Questions on labour and employment for the 2021 Economic Census: Deliverable: 30 June 2021-14 days
2. Data on trades of Viet Nam: Deliverable 31 July 2021- 14 days
3. 2 technical notes on the data collection of the modules of enterprises and household businesses of the 2021 Economic Census between ILO and GSO:Deliverable: 31 August 2021- 14 days
4. 1 technical note on initial data from the module of enterprises of the 2021 Economic Census between ILO and GSO Deliverable: 30 September 2021- 14 days
5. 1 technical note on initial data from the module of enterprises of the 2021 Economic Census between ILO and GSO Deliverable: 31 October 2021- 14 days
6. Datasets on enterprises and household businesses Deliverable: 10 December 2021- 28 days
TOTAL: 98 days
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit ILO People. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.