About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) is a major philanthropic initiative working to help tackle the climate crisis by fostering the development of a net-zero emission society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 300 partner organisations to carry out activities that drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement, contribute to the public debate on climate action and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
The ECF is brings together diverse perspectives and backgrounds to find the best innovative solutions to tackle climate change. We are focusing on engaging and hiring great people from a wide diversity of backgrounds to strengthen the cause. If you share our values of respect, innovation, and collaboration, join us.
About the role
The Finance and Grants Team Leader is a full-time position and acts as the key driver of the Budget process in the part of Grants and Funding Management in the Finance Department of ECF, working in close collaboration with the Finance Director, Finance Controller and Budget Manager.
The Finance & Grants Team Leader is responsible for the line management of the Finance Assistant and works in close relations with the Grant Manager and the Grants Administration Hub, helping the strategic implementation of programmes & projects and taking an active role in the due diligence of ECF’s grantees.
The role entails a great understanding of budgeting, planning, coordination and business analysis. It equally supports the Finance function to comply with regulation, legislation, monitoring & budgeting great practices.
The Finance and Grants Team Leader will be responsible for the following key responsibilities. Reporting to the Finance Director:
- Budget Income Allocation: Maintain Funder Income master-sheet and allocate income as per contract or funder requirements, by implementing it on the Fluxx software and communicating it to the Finance Controller. Working closely with the Budget Manager to have the most up-to-date income information in Fluxx.
- Docket Reporting: Responsible for preparation of Regranting reporting for the Docket – delegated authority grant reporting, related parties’ grant reporting, regranting per objective table and regranting cost chart.
- Funder Reporting: Generate via Power BI reports funders, control financial reports coming from ECF Platforms, and respond to funder requests and inquiries.
- Grants Management: Coordinate the work of the Finance and Grants Officers; Have a regular exchange and coordination with the Grants Administration Hub; Make sure regranting and funding information in Fluxx is correct, up to date, and reconciled with Budget Management and Accounting system; Ensure that grant issues are solved in a timely manner; Approve manually posted bills in the accounting system.
- Allocation Schedules: Set up and maintain the cost matching schedules of direct operating costs and indirect costs to objectives and funding sources, and communicate the figures to the Financial Controller for input in the accounting system.
- Delegated Authority Check: Monitor, prepare, check and verify that regranting costs between dockets comply with the Delegated Authority limit of the Management Board on a weekly basis.
- Finance Communication: keep track and communicate regularly with the finance director on funding management and grant management.
Expertise, Experience and competencies
- Expertise: Financial planning & analysis, budget preparation, multi-stakeholder management, team management, international funder / donor compliance, interdepartmental collaboration, process management & coordination.
- Experience: 8-10 years of experience in a business analysis, budget management or financial analysis role, preferably in an NGO, non profit sector, or donor funded organisation. Experience in managing multiple stakeholders simultaneously, experience in problem solving, influencing experience.
- Competencies: project coordination, process management, great people skills, competence with financial tools (preferably MS Office, Fluxx, Power BI, NetSuite), analytical skills, business process optimization skills, interactive & communication skills, influencing skills.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work in a highly dynamic, international team of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself with a growth mindset;
- Great values and accessible, collaborative management;
- The chance to contribute to climate action from a highly focused professional perspective;
- All of this in a full-time temporary position for maternity cover until the end of the year (Dec 2021)
How to apply
Please upload your CV cover letter (both in English).
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.