We are seeking a Clinical Research Scientist for a 2-year regular position (renewable) at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea to work within the Clinical Development & Regulatory Department.
The Clinical Research Scientist is responsible for leading clinical research projects from design, through initiation and to completion in full accordance with GCP guidelines, relevant regulations, and conducted with the highest quality and ethical standards. This position must flexibly support multiple projects of different stages and scopes, and develop new funding opportunities consistent with IVI’s mission and goals.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conduct and complete clinical projects & studies
- Design, implement, and supervise clinical trials or other clinical research projects, epidemiological studies, vaccination campaigns; develop and describe protocols and related documents, submission of IRBs and NRAs in close collaboration with site PI.
- Serve as a Project Technical Lead on a multidisciplinary Project Team with overall responsibility for the technical execution of the Project. Together with the Project Manager, ensure project objectives are accomplished according to an agreed-upon timeline, are of a pre-determined quality, and are within budget.
- Ensure, in close collaboration with Program Management, Clinical Operations and Project Administration, that potential partners have the capacity to conduct clinical research in partnership with IVI.
- Contribute to developing budgets in close collaboration with Project Management, Clinical Operations and Project Administration to accommodate project activities within available sponsored funds.
- Contribute, in close collaboration with Clinical Operations, to the selection and definition of terms of contracts of Contract Research Organizations (CRO) whenever needed.
- Generate and develop original clinical research ideas into successful grant proposals to further organizational goals
- Develop and maintain existing external networks and develop potential partners
- Assist IVI in developing global and regional level partnerships to maximize relevance and impact of IVI’s work.
- Represent IVI in professional circles through attendance at meetings, conferences and presentations to use the network to leverage program sustainability and scale up.
- Identify potential partners/countries for implementation of clinical research.
- Support development of IVI clinical infrastructure
- Contribute to the strengthening of all clinical research activities at IVI through support and mentoring of others and process improvement activities.
- Documentation and dissemination
- Publish scientific papers and give presentations at conferences internally and externally.
- Ensure that the scientific findings and results of research projects are published and shared with the international community in a timely manner and in compliance with international standards.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education Requirements
- Medical Doctorate or equivalent
- Related Field Work Experience
- Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- GCP knowledge and experience. Knowledge of statistics, epidemiology and study design.
- Experience working on clinical trial design and implementation, preferably with vaccines and in a developing country setting.
- Demonstrated success in authoring publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Demonstrated success in grant writing
- Language Proficiency