Duration : 5 months
Start date : 01-Apr-2021
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
PENDING DONOR APPROVAL
Action Against Hunger – Spain, as part of the Action Against Hunger International network, is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-confessional and non-profit organization. Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organization that fights hunger and its root causes worldwide. Founded in France in 1979 and with 30+ years of experience in conflict zones, natural disasters and response to food crises, Action Against Hunger is one of the most important international organizations specialized in addressing hunger and its underlying causes. About 500 expatriate and more than 5,000 national employees are working in the International Network in more than forty-six countries.
Action Against Hunger has been operating in the South Caucasus region since 1994 and its current programmes focus on the following areas: Food Security, Livelihoods, Agriculture, WASH, Economic and Rural Development. Currently Action Against Hunger South Caucasus has an opening for a full-time position for a Nutrition Coordinator in Yerevan, Armenia to oversee the delivery of its emergency Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) programming and to ensure the smooth implementation of the nutritional interventions and provide capacity building to partners. The position is initially for five months with the possibility of extension.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: IYCF capacity building for local partners
- With the technical support of the AAH Nutrition Department, develop the content and training materials for IYCF training
- Conduct trainings on IYCF-E technical interventions for partner technical staff
- Develop high-quality technical project materials, such as IEC and awareness raising materials
- Provide follow up / coaching sessions to partner staff and provide guidance on IYCF technical implementation
- Oversee the nutrition sessions provided by partner staff and provide recommendations and technical advice
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation plans for the program to be able to effectively measure the direct and indirect results of the project
- Ensure all beneficiary referrals to specialist service providers are made in a timely manner by implementing partners as needed
Objective 2: Coordinate the day-to-day management of the project, guiding project implementation and ensuring overall facilitation of activities with local partners
- Support the implementation of partnership agreements between Action Against Hunger and its local partners
- Provide guidance and support to entities involved in the project coordination
- Guide and follow-up on activities developed by all partners
- Provide technical assistance and oversight of the agreed project policies, procedures, and approaches
- Facilitate the necessary inputs for the financial management and execution of the project
Objective 3: Document and report on all activities, highlighting lessons learned and challenges faced
- Provide verbal and written reports to direct and functional managers on the progress of the project towards its objectives and workplan and any additional activities
- Consolidate and prepare all the technical and financial reports as required by the donor, as well as final reports
- Ensure the proper archiving of technical support documents and beneficiary data
Objective 4: Coordinate with external stakeholders and represent Action Against Hunger in coordination meetings with working groups, to better understand and analyze needs and tailor interventions accordingly
- Ensure the collection and timely analysis of information on nutrition, health, and the living conditions of the target population
- Represent Action Against Hunger in working group/sub-working group meetings and with other national and international organizations, donors, etc.
- Promote synergies and linkages with projects, governmental entities, stakeholders, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and civil society organizations linked to the project.
Objective 5: Security
- Ensure the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that they are assigned
- Communicate to the security managers in the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
Objective 6: Support the humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the development of emergency interventions of the organization by performing needs analysis
- Support proposal development together with the team
- Support any activity that helps reach the agency’s humanitarian goals
- Promote gender equality within the scope of the humanitarian and/or development work
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- BSc/MSc. in nutrition and dietetics, public health, nurse, midwife, or relevant degree on related medical field
- Certified trainer for Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF), is an asset
Technical specific knowledge:
- Experience in managing projects especially on IYCF/IYCF-E/nutrition
- Knowledge in IYCF practices, breastfeeding basics, hygiene and baby care, baby blues/post-partum depression and complementary feeding basics.
- Knowledge on mental health and psychosocial care techniques with focus on pregnant and lactating women (PLW) and caregivers of children under 2 years of age
- Strong background in capacity building and staff development
Previous experience (years):
- Minimum 3 years of programme management experience
- Experience in nutrition counselling, community nutrition and health promotion
- Demonstrable experience of building staff capacity and coaching
- Experience of delivering nutrition training
- Experience of working with IDPs, returnees and refugees is an asset
- Knowledge or experience of working in partnership or within a consortium
- Experience in representation/external coordination
- Good report drafting skills
- Good verbal communications skills
- Experience in proposal development
Humanitarian sector knowledge:
Acquainted with the South Caucasus context an advantage
Knowledge of emergency contexts desired
Fluent in English both written and verbal.
Verbal and written knowledge of Armenian or Russian an asset but not essential
Strong computer skills in Office and data management
Mobility (national/ international)
Based in Yerevan with frequent travel to the field
Commitment to Gender Equality
Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Our remuneration package:
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
• Formal work contract: 5 months
• Base: Yerevan, Armenia
• Compensation packaged: from 28836 € to 35436 € gross/year divided in 12 payments and based on experience and context. This salary includes a base salary + living expenses and per Diem in local currency.
• Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
• Travel costs to and from the mission.
• Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
• Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): around 100€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger -Spain).
• Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
• 25 working days of paid leave per year.