The Clean Cooking Alliance
The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, CCA is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money.
The Haiti Cookstoves and Clean Energy Market Project
The Haiti Cookstoves and Clean Energy Market Project (the “Project”) will set the foundation for a long-term, sustainable market transformation for cleaner and more efficient cooking solutions. Our efforts will entail a combination of sector-wide, market development activities to increase sales of cleaner and more efficient cookstoves and fuels by Haitian businesses, driving consumer demand to use cleaner, more efficient stoves and fuels; and policy and advocacy to enable the continued growth of the clean cookstoves and fuels market. The Project will be led by the CCA, in close collaboration with the Government of Haiti, local stakeholders, practitioners, the private sector, donors, civil society organizations, and UN agencies.
The Private Sector and Investment Senior Officer is responsible for leading market development efforts in the clean cooking sector in Haiti. This position requires close collaboration with the clean cooking enterprises to be supported by CCA through the Haiti Clean Cooking Fund and other initiatives, as well as investors, grant makers, service providers and other partners relevant to the clean cooking sector in Haiti. The Officer will report directly to the Country Director in Haiti, working closely with the global Private Sector and Investment team.
This position is based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
- Lead strategy, design and implementation of market development activities in the clean cooking sector in Haiti.
- Engage with private sector partners to identify problems/opportunities within their value chains and to co-create solutions to those problems – improving efficiency and profitability for those partners while ensuring social impact.
- Act as primary relationship manager for clean cooking sector companies, investors, donors, and other relevant market development partners.
- Develop a relationship and network with the private sector in the context of exploring collaboration opportunities.
- Negotiate partnership arrangements and budgets; and coordinate contracts, agreements, memoranda of understandings, and other institutional agreements with partners.
- Monitor trends and business intelligence across the clean cooking sector in Haiti, identify sector-specific opportunities for partnership.
- Monitor and review CCA program initiatives in Haiti with a view to enhance program impact in Haiti as well as to contribute to donor reporting.
- Work closely with CCA staff in Washington D.C. to align on program goals and activities.
- Represent the Clean Cooking Alliance at various events in Haiti and abroad.
- Maintain working knowledge of the UNF agreement process (for both contracts and grants), and when to utilize the proper templates accordingly. (As applicable to the role)
- Draft and review agreements and maintaining an understanding of all agreement terms and applicable flow-downs, consulting with UNF’s finance/contracts team as needed. (As applicable to the role)
- Attend training sessions provided by UNF’s contracts team to maintain and keep up to date with UNF’s current policies and procedures. (As applicable to the role)
- Maintain a strong knowledge of UNF’s Salesforce database to be able to process and track agreements, extract information and prepare reports. (As applicable to the role)
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of ten years of professional experience in a similar position.
- A background in market development, private equity/venture capital, entrepreneurship (e.g. as a founder/manager of an early-stage venture), or management consulting – ideally with experience in Haiti or similar markets.
- An advanced degree in business management, finance, marketing, international development is preferred.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, clean cooking or energy access business models is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs and multiple stakeholders.
- Personal commitment to the Clean Cooking Alliance and the UN Foundation’s vision.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative while working within a team, and to develop and maintain effective working relationships with CCA teams and UNF staff.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships across a wide range of functional expertise, organizations, and cultural backgrounds, in a demanding and fluid work environment.
- Ability to frequently travel within Haiti and internationally.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team and independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English and French is required; fluency in Haitian Creole is desired.
- This position is based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
- Haitian nationals are urged to apply.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.