To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State's health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Provide full administrative support to the assigned programme. Draft, review and revise correspondence, reports and documents for proper format and content in consultation with the supervisor. Independently compose correspondence of administrative nature, take notes at meetings, provides informal interpretation/translation when required;
2. Prepare and process travel requests for team members using GSM, arrange for visa issuance, security clearance, flight and hotel bookings, follows up travel related issues of national and international missions;
3. Scan, record, refer and follow up correspondence and documents, evaluate the urgency or critical nature bringing them to the attention of the responsible staff. Inform and remind responsible staff of follow-up dates, response or specific actions, supplying supporting material as appropriate;
4. Using GSM, monitor aspects of the implementation of country activities, funds for project/programme budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved country workplan. Initiate and process different transactions in GSM, including procurement of goods and services. Follows up with concerned parties the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments;
5. Compile background material for planning, monitoring and evaluation (including mini-review) exercises. Maintain and update the filing of technical documents and correspondence (soft/hard copies and databases if applicable). Create background reference material as appropriate; access and retrieve relevant material;
6. Finalize all administrative and logistics preparations required for the organization of meetings held in the country (working groups, seminars/courses, workshops) and pay per diem to participants as appropriate (if needed);
7. Respond to and act on telephone enquiries in a timely manner. Assess the critical nature of technical issues and direct them to appropriate staff for reply, coordinate appointments for supervisors, establish and maintain a proper computerized information system on MOH and UN counterparts, WHO Collaborating Centers, etc.
8. Brief colleagues on general office administrative process. Assist/replace administrative staff in the team and perform other related duties as required. Participate in field visits, if required;
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial training
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
Essential: At least five years' progressive administrative experience.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Good filing and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, experts and visitors.
- Demonstrated ability to translate routine correspondence into English.
- Very good time management and stress management skills.
- Knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices, procedures and WHO Style Guide applicable to the administrative level an asset
WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Moving forward in a changing environment
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of arabic.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at ILS 130,660 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line. For assessment of your application, please ensure that your profile on Stellis is updated; all experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time. Kindly note that CV/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.