IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
Note: The recruitment type for this position will be Local if the job location is Singapore and for Washington DC will be considered as International.
IFC Treasury and Syndications VPU is the Vice Presidency that performs treasury functions for IFC. It serves two key roles for the Corporation. It oversees the financial health of the organization while seeking ways to stimulate growth in emerging markets. It also offers products and services to IFC's client companies and institutions, working in close collaboration with IFC's investment departments.
IFC Treasury has been a large and significant player in the international financial markets for almost 30 years and has achieved a global reputation as a prudent and innovative borrower, investor and risk manager. IFC Treasury is responsible for: (i) managing more than $40 billion in assets; (ii) leading the IFC’s financing program in international and domestic bond and derivatives markets; (iii) providing knowledge services related to treasury management and operations to IFC’s clients, particularly those in frontier markets; and (iv) performing the support functions necessary to achieving its mission (such as processing cash payments, measuring and managing risk, computing performance or carrying out quantitative analysis).
The Treasury Valuation and Analytics (Middle Office) Unit:
The TVA is a newly created unit to be housed in Treasury. The TVA will work with Treasury & Syndications, Treasury Risk, and IFC Controller’s to perform its functions. Notwithstanding its placement in Treasury, it will be structured and will function independently of the Treasury Market Operations (CTM), Quantitative Analysis (CTQ), Treasury Clients Solutions (CTC), Syndications Department (CSL), and the Coordination Unit (CU). The Treasury Middle Office will initially be composed of a team of 8 staff, conducting valuation, performance, data management and control functions for all IFC Treasury & Syndications activities.
IFC Treasury Valuation and Analytics is seeking a dynamic and motivated associate officer to provide Treasury Middle Office support. The candidate will provide daily and periodic performance reporting of performance calculation, attribution, and risk reporting for the Treasury Market Operations (CTM) and Treasury Risk (CRMTR), work on reports generation for Liquid Assets Management (LAM) portfolio. In addition, the associate officer will oversee and participate in managing selected data in relevant Treasury systems while coordinating with CTM, CTQ, CRMTR, and the IFC’s Controllers Department (CNT). The associate officer is also expected to provide support to the valuation functions of the unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Associate Financial Officer’s primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
• Run Performance, scripts and models and check and prepare data for reporting purposes;
• Validate and review monthly output for reporting;
• Report internal P&L and portfolio performance;
• Prepare consolidated risk reporting for compliance and trading purposes;
• Address inquiries and challenges from Treasury & Syndications’ market-facing departments, Risk, and the Controller’s Departments;
• Provide explanation on P&L and key risk indicators’ movements;
• Distribute reporting to various stakeholders such as LAM, Treasury Risk, the Controller’s Department, and relevant corporate units, according to requirement;
• Troubleshoot and resolve small and complex issues related to the performance function;
• Provide as needed support specific to the valuation function, including but not limited to the valuation and pricing calculation, Bond Price Verification, Leveling, valuation reconciliation;
• Be an escalation point for colleague performing market data functions;
• Prepare and maintain documentation of individual and group work;
• Implement productivity enhancing utilities and applications;
• Provide ad-hoc analysis and reporting to clients;
• Keep abreast of the industry’s best practices and technologies used;
• Assist in additional projects as needed within TVA.