In accordance with its Charter, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provides oversight of FAO's programmes and operations through internal audit and investigation.
The post is located in the Internal Audit Unit of OIG.
The Internal Audit Unit carries out assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve an organization's operations by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
The Internal Audit Unit conduct its work in accordance with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), including the Code of Ethics and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and adopted by the Internal Audit Services of the United Nations organizations.
The Internal Auditor reports to a Senior Internal Auditor.
The conduct of audit assignments including project, programme or operational reviews in HQ and/or the Field to assess the soundness, adequacy and application of internal management and financial controls.
• Participates in multi-disciplinary audit teams and/or project, programme and operational reviews
• Conducts audit assignments in accordance with internal procedures and auditing standards
• Prepares using TeamMate, electronic working papers that support audit findings and recommendations
• Organizes and drafts input for audit reports
• Participates in capacity development activities
• Contributes to maintaining and updating the FAO Audit Manual.
• Performs other duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in audit, business or public administration, finance, accounting, economics, political science, international development, law or a related field (candidates holding a first level university degree may also be considered if possessing two additional years of relevant work experience and a certification from an internationally recognized auditing and accountancy body such as Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Chartered Accountants (CA), or equivalent in other national systems)
• Three years of relevant experience in an organization using modern auditing techniques, tools and information systems (e.g. internal audit department in the public or private sector, or an auditing, accounting or consulting firm)
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
• Demonstrated knowledge of auditing, business consulting and information system techniques
• Extent and relevance of experience in performing financial, operational, performance and IT audits
• Extent and relevance of experience in undertaking or reviewing programme/project development, management and operations would be an advantage
• Demonstrated ability to identify issues, collect and analyze information and develop recommendation and/or solutions
• Expert knowledge in Excel and spreadsheet solutions
• Demonstrated experience and ability in report-writing in English
• Familiarity with specialized audit software is considered an asset
• Professional certifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)is desirable
Sorry, this job is no longer available.