In accordance with its Charter, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provides oversight of FAO's programmes and operations through internal audit and investigation.
The post is located in the Internal Audit Unit of OIG.
The Internal Audit Unit carries out assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve the organization's operations by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
The Internal Audit Unit conducts its work in accordance with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), including the Code of Ethics and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and adopted by the Internal Audit Services of the United Nations organizations.
The Internal Auditor reports to a Senior Internal Auditor.
The planning and conduct of audit assignments including project, programme or operational reviews in Headquarters and/or in the field to assess the soundness, adequacy and application of internal management and financial controls.
• Plans, participates and/or provides specialist expertise on multi-disciplinary audit teams and/or project, programme and operational reviews;
• Plans and conducts audit assignments, from the initial planning, information gathering and interview stages to the final analysis and report writing stages, in accordance with internal procedures and auditing standards;
• Prepares using TeamMate, electronic working papers that support audit findings and recommendations;
• Prepares clear and concise draft reports and presents audit results and recommendations orally to the Inspector General and to management;
• Promotes capacity development in audit assignments and provides on the job training to other staff;
• Contributes to maintaining and updating the FAO Audit Manual;
• Performs other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in audit, business or public administration, finance, accounting, economics, political science, international development, law or other related field (candidates holding a first level university degree may also be considered if possessing two additional years of relevant work experience and a certification from an internationally recognized auditing and accountancy body such as Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Chartered Accountants (CA), or equivalent in other national systems
• Five years of relevant experience in an organization using modern auditing techniques, tools and information systems (e.g. internal audit department in the public or private sector, or an auditing, accounting or consulting firm)
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions, is desirable
• Demonstrated knowledge of auditing, business consulting and information system techniques
• Demonstrated knowledge of risk management concepts
• Extent and relevance of experience in performing financial, operational, performance and IT audits
• Extent and relevance of experience in undertaking or reviewing programme/project development, management and operations
• Demonstrated ability to identify issues, collect and analyze information and develop recommendation and/or solutions
• Expert knowledge in Excel and spreadsheet solutions
• Demonstrated experience and ability in report-writing in English
• Familiarity with specialized audit software
• Professional certifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is desirable
Sorry, it appears that this job is no longer open for application.