Position: Nutrition Coordinator for Surge Roster (emergency response) – FILIPINO NATIONALS only
Location: Various Locations
Reports to: Country Director, Philippines
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. In addition, RI has country offices registered as affiliates of one of the alliance members in an additional 18 countries.
In the Philippines, RI has delivered a wide spectrum of humanitarian assistance and development programming. Including institutionalizing improved Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) services with local government, responding to natural disasters through food and NFI distribution, and building the capacity of local government to improve Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) preparedness.
Relief International Philippines is looking for a Nutrition Coordinator to join its emergency surge roster, who will be deployed to manage RI’s future emergency responses. The position is subject to project award and funding.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide strategic direction, technical advice, and overall supervision for the successful implementation of the nutrition program activities and interventions.
- Responsible for day-to-day implementation, including development of and adherence to work plan, management of nutrition staff, meeting all nutrition program objectives, and monitoring program activities.
- Report to program leadership on implementation of nutrition programming.
- Participate in analyses of needs at the community level, assess resources available for addressing the needs of vulnerable households, and suggest innovative approaches for filling gaps in programming.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with international organizations (including U.N. bodies), local ministries and municipalities, civil society organizations, and community networks.
- Train and oversee other nutrition staff, including providing performance reviews and building capacity of RI staff.
- Facilitate integration of nutrition program activities with other program components.
- Fulfill all UNICEF and RI reporting requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ of significant professional experience in implementing and managing nutrition programs.
- Familiarity with and commitment to addressing gender equality in nutrition and public health.
- Experience in capacity building and transfer of skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders to build cooperative relationships.
- Creative thinker who actively seeks out alternative approaches to address problems
- Excellent networking, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience effectively managing a large team in a rural development context.
- Computer literate, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation