Reporting to the Global Director, Human Resources and partnering with HR and other colleagues, the Total Rewards Manager be responsible for ongoing review and development of compensation, benefits and rewards that strengthen the organization's ability to attract, motivate and retain employees and oversee implementation. S/he will also be an active member of the broader HR network, driving and supporting the development of global total rewards initiatives with team members in the Americas, Africa and Asia. Finally, the person in this role will be responsible for ongoing HR improvements to ensure high level of service delivery with the total rewards team.
· Develop, implement and administer policy, process, structures, guidelines, and programs for position classification, compensation, promotion and rewards across the Alliance.
· Evaluate the compensation landscape through compensation surveys, benchmarking, industry research and emerging trends and make recommendations on the development and integration of new and/or existing rewards programs to support market competitiveness, internally equity, and financial sustainability.
· Oversee the quality and integrity of job descriptions and job evaluation processes are in line with the organizational framework
· Lead the promotions cycle and rewards processes and provide analysis of the impact of the outcome to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
· Develop and coordinate training and communications strategies / activities designed to educate and inform employees about Alliance total reward programs.
· Determine and implement metrics that assess and monitor the effectiveness of ongoing Total Rewards programs and new initiatives.
· Lead high performance within the total rewards team through coaching, development and maintaining a motivating and healthy work environment
· Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources or related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
· 7 years experience in Total Rewards (Compensation, Benefits and Rewards preferably in the International / NGO sector including resource and team management in interdisciplinary environments of worldwide impact in international / multicultural organizations.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to work through processes, identify and implement process improvements and resolve complex matters.
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of other languages including French or Spanish is an advantage
· Strong organizational/prioritization skills with an ability to multi-task to manage multiple projects while maintain a close attention to detail.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office; advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
· Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Possess proven operational, interpersonal, project management, vendor management and leadership skills.
· Previous experience in Payroll and working with Paychex is an advantage.
This is a locally recruited professional position, based in Rome, Italy, at the Alliance Bioversity International and CIAT Headquarters. All benefits are denominated and paid in EURO. The position is B10, in a scale of 14 levels, with level 14 being the highest. The Alliance remuneration package includes a competitive salary, leave provisions, medical and life insurance, and non-contributory retirement plan. The contract will be for a period of 2 years subject to a probationary period of twelve months. Please note this position is only open to citizens and residents of the European Union.