The Telecommunication Standardization Bureau (TSB) fulfills the objectives of the Union relating to telecommunication standardization, by providing secretariat support to groups studying technical, operating and tariff questions and facilitating the adoption of Recommendations in these areas with a view to standardizing telecommunications and information technology on a global basis. In order to achieve these objectives, the Telecommunication Standardization Bureau works in accordance with the instructions of the World Telecommunication Standardization Assemblies (WTSA), Telecommunication Standardization Study Groups and the Telecommunication Standardization Advisory Group. TSB, headed by an elected Director, provides the technical, administrative and logistic support for the assemblies and for the meetings of the groups mentioned.
| Organization Unit: |
The Operations and Planning Department (OPD), is responsible for coordinating and planning support for the activities of the Telecommunication Standardization Sector. It does this through managing the Bureau's activities for organization and planning of assemblies and logistical support to meetings. The Department oversees document processing and provides IT services and solutions for electronic working methods and the development of ITU-T databases. The Department also provides administrative and secretarial support for intellectual property matters and manages the technical editing and final production of ITU-T recommendations and publications as well as ISO/IEC common texts. The Department collaborates closely with the Departments of the General Secretariat and the Bureaux which are responsible for providing support services.
| Duties / Responsibilities |
|Under close supervision of the Chief of Operations and Planning Department, the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating multiple and simultaneous projects within the Department including pilot projects aimed at supporting the implementation of ITU standards and recommendations as set out in ITU-T Resolution 86 (Hammamet). Specifically, he/she will perform the following duties: |
- Coordinate the design, execution and implementation of various projects and initiatives within the Operations and Planning Department. Gather important data and requirements internally and externally; analyse and propose solutions taking into account stakeholders/end users' needs.
- Evaluate processes; anticipating requirements and uncovering areas for improvement, and propose solutions. Participate in the ongoing reviews of processes and the development of optimization strategies, identify potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of projects and communicate these items to the Project Manager, and work to identify potential solutions.
- Develop and maintain an insightful analytical tool used by project owners to inform resource needs, execution decisions, strategy choices and potential trade-off needs. Draft terms of reference for experts and support coordination of activities.
- Collaborate with IT developers to develop detailed technical understanding of conceptual structure and algorithms. Draft related report and/or presentations.
- Meet regularly with Project owners to review progress and discuss future steps.
- Watch closely project schedules, monitoring deadlines for each project or specific project tasks and report any potential delays to the Project Manager.
- Perform other duties as required.
| Competencies |
|Core Competencies: Applying Expertise; Effective Communication; Learning and Knowledge Sharing; Organizational Commitment; Results-Focused, and; Teamwork and Collaboration. Essential Functional Competencies: Analysis, Judgement and Decision-Making; Client and Service Orientation, and; Planning and Organizing.Essential Technical Competencies: Knowledge of frontier technologies such as AI, Blockchain and IoT. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability to communicate with people at all levels and translate business data into digestible information that improves processes. Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines. |
|Qualifications required |
| Education: |
University degree in business computing, management information systems, project management or a related field OR education from a reputed college of advanced education, with a diploma of equivalent standard to that of a university degree in one of the fields above.
| Experience: |
At least three years of progressively responsible experience in project management, business analysis or a related field. An advanced degree in a related field can be considered as a substitute for one year of working experience. A doctorate in related fields can be considered as a substitute for two years of working experience.
| Languages: |
Knowledge of one of the six official languages of the Union (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish) at advanced level and knowledge of a second official language at intermediate level. Knowledge of a third official language would be an advantage. (Under the provisions of Resolution No. 626 of the Council, a relaxation of the language requirements may be authorized in the case of candidates from developing countries: when candidates from such countries possess a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the Union, their applications may be taken into consideration.)
| Additional Information: |
Total annual salary consists of a net annual salary (net of taxes and before medical insurance and pension fund deductions) in US dollars and a post adjustment (PA) (cost of living allowance). The PA is variable and subject to change without notice in accordance with the rates as set within the UN Common System for salaries and allowances.
Annual salary from $ 47,895 + post adjustment $ 42,866
Other allowances and benefits subject to specific terms of appointment, please refer to http://www.itu.int/en/careers/Pages/Conditions-of-Employment.aspx
| Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for written test. Interviews may be used as a form of screening. |
|For further information concerning the Conditions of Employment please click the following link |
|Applicants will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration |
Sorry, this job is no longer available.