The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR-ICRAF are non-profit, scientific institutions that conduct research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. Our work focuses on innovative research, developing partners’ capacity, and actively engaging in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. Our work spans the globe, with expertise in the ‘global South’. Founded in 1993 and 1978 respectively, CIFOR-ICRAF began merging on January 1, 2019. They are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
CIFOR-ICRAF is looking for a
Consultant to Support the Editing of the State of the Forest Report
The Observatory for the Forests of Central Africa (OFAC) provides up-to-date and adapted information on Central African forests to civil society actors and governments. It allows users of such information to make informed decisions from which to build a green economy for endogenous, sustainable and inclusive economic development, while participating in the fight against climate change and biodiversity conservation. Through capacity building and institutional strengthening, a project known as RIOFAC supports OFAC in its mission.One of RIOFAC’s activities is to coordinate the drafting and publication of a State of the Forests (SOF) report. The RIOFAC steering committee has decided to publish an SOF report by mid-2021. CIFOR, which manages the RIOFAC project, is hiring a consultant to support the editing process of this report.
Duties and responsibilities
The consultant will be responsible to carrying out the following tasks as part of his assignment:
- Assist the lead editor of the SOF 2021 in following-up the writing of chapter in liaison with chapters’ coordinating authors
- Help to ensure that the deadlines for the drafting of chapters are respected as much as possible
- Check the compliance of drafted chapters with the adopted editorial style guide
- Check the consistency of information and data between chapters
- Do the editorial review of the chapters
- Support the lead editor of the SOF 2021 report in all tasks as required.
Education, knowledge and experience
- PhD in Forestry or related fields
- 15 years of post-PhD experience
- Have a good knowledge of Central Africa
- Have some familiarity with OFAC and COMIFAC
- Have a track record of technical and scientific writing
- Have experience in contributed to one or more previous SOF reports would be a plus
- Fluency in English and French
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Have the ability to work in a team
Terms and conditions
- This is a Part-time Consultancy position.
- Duration of the assignment is 6 months.
- Work location: Home-based. Living in Yaounde to allow face to face interactions with the lead editor would be preferred
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
The application deadline is 15 Nov-2020
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Sorry, it appears that this job is no longer open for application.