ABOUT THE OECS
The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) is an inter-governmental organisation dedicated to economic harmonisation and integration, protection of human and legal rights, and the encouragement of good governance among independent and non-independent countries in the Eastern Caribbean. Under the Treaty of Basseterre (RTB, 1981) and now The Revised RTB (2010), Member States agree to cooperate with each other and promote unity and solidarity, including participation by Protocol Members in an Economic Union. Read More...
Reporting to the Manager, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for providing efficient and effective support to the Accountant through the use of sound finance and accounting practices, ultimately contributing to the strategic goals of the unit.
· Record expenses and revenue receipts into the accounting software in a timely manner.
· Prepare and submit VAT claims, ensuring that these are properly reviewed and authorized.
· Prepare travel advances and review retirements as per travel policy.
· Assist with the preparation of quarterly reports to business units.
· Support the Accountants in meeting external and internal audit requirements.
· Prepare and dispatch payroll and related submissions for the Organisation as may be required.
· Maintain the physical and electronic filing of records of all relevant financial information.
· Assist with any other duties assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
· Provide business partner support to the assigned business unit in the preparation of the annual budget
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The role of Accounting Assistant is open to nationals of OECS Member States.
The OECS Commission, Castries, St. Lucia.
The position is on a fixed-term basis subject to satisfactory annual reviews. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and exempt from income taxes. In addition to the basic salary, the post attracts other allowances. The incumbent will be eligible for membership in the Organisation’s non-contributory Group Health and Life Insurance Scheme.
The deadline for applications is Friday 2nd October 2020.
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.
The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) is an International Inter-governmental Organisation dedicated to economic harmonisation and integration, protection of human and legal rights, and the encouragement of good governance among independent and non-independent countries in the Eastern Caribbean.
The OECS is now an eleven member grouping comprising the full Member States of Antigua and Barbuda, Commonwealth of Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, St Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia and St Vincent and the Grenadines, with the British Virgin Islands, Anguilla, Martinique and Guadeloupe as associate members of the OECS.