The USAID- and PEPFAR-funded Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) Project, managed by FHI 360, aims to close remaining gaps in the continuum of HIV services towards achieving the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals. EpiC will accelerate the Thai HIV/AIDS response to recruit, reach, test, treat and retain populations in HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for members of key populations, including men who have sex with men (MSM), transgender women (TG), and female sex workers (FSWs).
The Finance Officer position specifically provides financial support in the development and implementation of the EpiC Project in Thailand.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides onsite monthly accounting support to the specific Implementing Agency (IA) with completion cycle.
- Reviews accounting transactions, e.g. General Ledger accounts, wire transfers, check requests, and journal entries and complete monthly Subawardee Financial report (SFR).
- Assures completeness of coding, documentation, and calculates withholding tax and submits payments to Revenue Department on monthly basis.
- Monitors monthly expenditures of projects by analyzing financial data and producing monthly and ad hoc reports.
- Reviews all areas of financial and accounting for accuracy and proper report content and coordinate with IA admin and procurement team on relevant issues (e.g. finance accounting, procurement, and consultant agreements, etc.).
- Provides financial and technical guidance to all IAs on a regular basis and as required.
- Conducts pre-audits on vouchers, invoices, and all supporting documents for all payments related to activities funded under the EPIC Thailand project to verify correctness and completeness.
- Provides expenditure tracking/analysis for all costs incurred related to the EpiC Thailand program, conducts IA pipeline analysis for EpiC funded activities to ensure effective financial management.
- Coordinates with auditors, FHI 360/APRO on program and IA audits and ensures that findings and recommendations of auditors are followed up.
- Conducts pre-award and site visit reviews; supports the development of and amendments to IA budgets and training of IA finance staff; reviews Subawardee Financial report) and follows up on issues identified through SFR preparation.
- Prepares annual budget for USAID submission in USAID format.
- Ensures IAs budget and expenditures are in compliance with USAID contract regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Coordinates with Finance Manager – EpiC Thailand project in information sharing, provides required financial reports and serves as a point person for communicating in resolving financial issues for the specific IA.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures or the ability to comprehend them.
- Budget monitoring and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills including automated accounting software, database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
- Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner.
- With minimal supervision, manage high volume of workflow efficiently.
- Ability to handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Ability to interpret financial information and reports
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively within a multidiscipline and multicultural environment.
TYPE AND NATURE OF CONTACTS:
Frequent interaction with program, administrative and other staff at APRO, implementing agencies, and banks.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Normal office working conditions and site visit to monitor sub-recipients as needed.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 5-7 years of related experience that must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- Computer spreadsheet experience required.
- Prior experience working with international NGOs and government organizations will be an advantage.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is an international nonprofit working to improve the health and well-being of people in the United States and around the world.
We partner with governments, the private sector and civil society to bring about positive social change and to provide lifesaving health care, quality education and opportunities for meaningful economic participation. We do this by using research and evidence to design and deliver innovative programs that change behaviors, increase access to services and improve lives.
Our staff of more than 4,000 professionals work in more than 60 countries. Their diverse technical expertise and deep understanding of local conditions provide a 360-degree perspective that allows us to develop customized responses to the toughest human development challenges.