The position is located in the FAO offices in Quetta. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
- Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan and in close coordination with Assistant FAOR, the incumbent will directly be supervised by the Senior Project Officer, Balochistan and the Chief Technical Advisor / Chief of Party THAzA.
- Technical guidance will be provided by the relevant units in FAO Headquarters and FAO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (RAP).
The THAzA Provincial Coordinator will be responsible for day to day management of all THAzA project activities in Balochistan and he / she will lead the provincial team and manage the day to day oversight of other implementing partner organizations. He / she will have both technical and operational responsibilities to ensure smooth implementation of THAzA project.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supervise the implementation of all project activities in Balochistan and ensure that project activity operations and administration are compliant with FAO rules and regulations.
- Supervise work of staff in the districts in terms of work planning, implementation, logistics, HR, compliance and other management related tasks and lead capacity building activities to improve staff performance.
- Lead the collection and preparation of background information on value chains, markets, market partners and agribusiness and market development opportunities.
- Identify market, agribusiness and value chain business opportunities and impediments.
- Prepare annual and quarterly results overviews and work plans of project activities in Balochistan.
- Facilitate farmer (groups), traders and other supply chain actors to successfully market their products.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with Government of Balochistan representatives and other project stakeholders.
- Screen and analyse ongoing and completed agribusiness and value chains pilot projects for opportunities for up scaling, extension and dissemination.
- Identify and overcome barriers to women’s and youth participation in THAzA project activities.
- Oversee the effective and efficient operation of the Grants Evaluation Committee in Balochistan.
- Manage the conduct of six monthly THAzA provincial Project Steering Committee (PSC) meetings with project stakeholders, including preparing all necessary materials (results framework, logical framework, workplan, risk management plan and reporting requirements) for the conduct of the PSC.
- Prepare and maintain all provincial project monitoring products in line with FAO standards and in consultation with the THAzA Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Prepare inputs for the project’s reporting products as requested by the CoP.
- Prepare, maintain and implement a provincial risk management plan for the conduct of the project.
- Prepare, maintain and implement a provincial anti-fraud and waste plan for the conduct of the project.
- Prepare a wide range of communication products as requested by the CoP, Senior Project Officer and the Communications Officer.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors.