Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Country Representative, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in social sciences, M&E, gender/women’s studies, international development, public policy, international relations.
1. At least 5 years of work experience in gender related field and a previous experience in working in a post conflict situation preferable. Experience in South Sudan will be a value added;
2. Work experience in the field of communication, electronic knowledge network, monitoring and evaluation and project management;
3. Knowledge of methodologies and best practices for promoting gender equality, equity and women empowerment in general and in South Sudan in particularly;
Experience working within the UN is an asset.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 30th September 2020
UNV is based in Bonn, Germany, with around 150 staff members at headquarters, and 6,500 volunteers deployed in the field. UNV also has an Office in New York, five Regional Offices in Amman, Bangkok, Dakar, Nairobi, and Panama City and around 60 Field Units that represent the organization at the country level.
UNV seeks to leverage the power of volunteerism and volunteers as a means of implementation and people engagement for the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
UNV's Strategic Framework 2018-2021 focuses on two main outcomes, and on institutional effectiveness: