Under the direct supervision of Team Leader (IVD) and broad guidance of Director (CDS), the incumbent performs the following duties:
A. General Administrative Duties
- Screen all incoming correspondence, documents and reports, identify and highlight important issues for urgent action/decisions, submit to the supervisor with full background information obtained from the sub-units of IVD.
- Review outgoing correspondence including those prepared by IVD sub-units for accuracy of information, format, related instructions and in conformity with the established procedures and discussing shortcomings with the concerned staff.
- Assist in coordinating secretarial support of the secretaries with the RAs and other technical staff of IVD unit, providing coverage for preparing leave plans and maintaining absence and leave records of all staff of the unit.
- Coordinate meetings/workshops organized by the IVD sub-units and all related actions.
- Maintains effective follow up on the meeting reports/recommendations for future action.
B. Administration and Monitoring of HR matters
- Assist Technical Officer, IVD in the preparation of biennial HR workplan.
- Perform all HR Actions of IVD unit in GSM.Assist on a regular basis in the creation of positions and work closely with PPC for changes in position parameters, as appropriate.
- Facilitate approvals for establishment of new posts.
- Communicate with prospective candidates for short-term recruitment on issues such as their interest and availability, brief them on entitlements and, in conjunction with Country Offices, obtain government clearances, visa instructions for placement of short-term staff, etc.
- Initiate administrative actions, maintain effective liaison with HRM, ASO, BFO units and DPMO to ensure timely completion of recruitment of temporary and long-term professional and general services staff for the IVD unit.
- Periodically review and update the supervisor on all administrative/personnel matters, and maintain a report of all the long-term and short-term staff in IVD (SEARO) and the Country IVD units.
- Maintain secondment agreements for staff from bilateral partner agencies to WHO, coordinate these agreements with the concerned units at WCO/HQ & SEARO as required.
- Coordinate with relevant focal points to arrange briefing and debriefing schedules of long-term and temporary staff members.
C. Programme Implementation and Monitoring
- Monitor financial implementation of work-plans at the activity level and timely disbursement of funds, including periodic review to identify programme change needs or budget ceiling issues.
- Perform regular review of IVD award control sheet to ensure timely recording of grants, funds distribution, funding the work-plans, and award budgeting actions viz. HR and activity plans.
- Assist in review of award budgeting actions in order to ensure alignment with donor grants and identification of reprogramming needs/requests to donors.
- Update status and produce reports to facilitate technical monitoring and preparation of periodic progress reports on implementation (six monthly, annually, biannually) as per prevailing SEARO guidelines.
- Compliance and Quality AssuranceScreen activity proposals received from country offices and process the requests for timely implementation of activities.
- Support function specifically related to compliance and quality assurance including review of encumbrance documents as per WHO rules and regulations.
- Carry out any other assignment given by the supervisor.