We are currently seeking a qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese national candidate to serve as Senior Technical Officer, Tuberculosis (TB) for the USAID Support to End Tuberculosis project, based in Hanoi and/or Ho Chi Minh City.
The Senior Technical Officer, TB (TB STO) will serve as key technical resource supporting the FHI 360 Vietnam country program to advance sustained local ownership of a state-of-the art response to TB. S/he will provide technical assistance in the TB/MDR-TB active case finding and treatment to support the National Tuberculosis Program’s strategy to end TB in Vietnam. Under the leadership of the Chief of Party or the assignee, the TB STO will assist in monitoring provincial implementation of effective and efficient TB practices, ensuring that the priority provinces achieve their TB case identification and TB treatment completion targets. The TB STO will also support efforts to transition financial and technical ownership of quality TB services to GVN via social health insurance and local TA provider network mechanisms.
· Provides technical assistance and coordination across the cascade of TB service interventions, focusing on provincial and district level implementation.
· Provides technical assistance to ensure the quality of services in these settings, including assistance in implementing guidelines, new algorithms, and standard operating procedures, remain up to date with international TB innovations, research and best practices.
· Prepares technical protocols and materials, as needs and opportunities dictate.
· Transfers skills and technical knowledge to build the capacities of local staff, and other counterparts to achieve high quality TB programs and continuously improve TB services.
· Supports the timely and accurate use of data use to improve the quality TB activities and to ensure project meet its case finding and treatment targets in selected priority provinces.
· Provides support in the development of sub-awards, subcontracts, consulting agreements, and other contractual or procurement mechanisms that comply fully with FHI 360 and donor policies, procedures and regulations.
Experience and abilities for the position:
· University degree in the medical or public health fields with equivalent years of experience in coordinating resources for large-scale international public health projects
· Considerable experience in providing TB or health services or technical assistance in Vietnam
· Experience in the health systems and sustainability of public health programs is preferred.
· Experience with U.S. government contractual requirements and experience working in an international NGO environment desirable
· Well-developed written and oral communication skills in both Vietnamese and English
· Ability to travel as necessary
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an international nonprofit working to improve the health and well-being of people in the United States and around the world.
We partner with governments, the private sector and civil society to bring about positive social change and to provide lifesaving health care, quality education and opportunities for meaningful economic participation. We do this by using research and evidence to design and deliver innovative programs that change behaviors, increase access to services and improve lives.
Our staff of more than 4,000 professionals work in more than 60 countries. Their diverse technical expertise and deep understanding of local conditions provide a 360-degree perspective that allows us to develop customized responses to the toughest human development challenges.