|Deadline for Applications:||Open|
|Organizational Unit:||Language Services Section, Division of Judicial Services, Registry|
|Duty Station:||Various Duty Stations|
|Type of Appointment:||To be determined|
|Minimum Net Annual Salary:||ICC Freelance Translation Rates|
|Contract Duration:||Variable Length|
Provision of high quality language services for efficient conduct of Court business:
The Language Services Section (LSS) provides language services to the organs of the Court, i.e. translation, revision and editing of Court documents; consecutive and simultaneous interpretation for meetings, trial hearings, press conferences, specialised seminars, diplomatic briefings and other events, held in-house or away from the seat of the Court; assistance and guidance in terminology and references, management of language tools to make sure that consistent terminology is used in all the organs of the Court; recruitment, training, and accreditation of interpreters needed for work with Registry officials in the field and/or at the seat of the Court; provision of relevant information to service users to make them familiar with all the types of language services provided and with the procedures and requirements of the professions in question.
Duties and Responsibilities
The freelance Georgian translator will be required to:
A university degree in translation, languages, law or any relevant subject.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of Languages:
Mother-tongue proficiency in Georgian and a high level of proficiency in English.
Candidates will be required to sit an ICC translation test.
Successful Candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting procedure.
Dedication to the mission and values
- Acts consistently in accordance with the mission and values of the Organisation;
- Maintains confidentiality, acts with integrity and shows respect for diversity;
- Shows commitment to the organisation;
- Presents a positive image of the organisation during external discussions.
- Applies professional and technical expertise;
- Keeps abreast of organisational issues;
- Produces workable solutions to a range of problems.
- Listens, consults and communicates proactively;
- Handles disagreements with tact and diplomacy;
- Recognises and rewards the contribution of others.
Learning and developing
- Identifies development strategies needed to achieve work and career goals and makes use of developmental or training opportunities;
- Learns from successes and failures;
- Seeks feedback and gives feedback to others to increase organisational effectiveness;
- Seeks opportunities for improvement of work;
- Has an open mind and contributes to innovation.
Handling uncertain situations
- Adapts to changing circumstances;
- Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents;
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances;
- Manages time effectively.
- Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly;
- Handles contacts with diplomacy and tact;
- Communicates in a transparent and open way with internal and external contacts while complying with confidentiality requirements.
- Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm;
- Keeps to agreements with others;
- Focuses on client needs;
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people;
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity.