This position will primarily be supporting the Avanza regional project, as well as other projects in the Global Education portfolio as they come online. The Financial Analyst III will work closely with the finance manager, operations team and program manager. This position is currently funded for 12 months with the Avanza program, but will be extended conditionally as new projects come online over the next fiscal year.
Coordinates financial/accounting operations, including overall financial monitoring and support/guidance to Country Office and project staff, to ensure the fiscal well- being of the projects. Provides financial management, conducts analyses of financial data, provides budget analyses for project funds, and prepares required reports to funding agencies to ensure compliance with the donor's requirements. Oversees sub award management and responds to inquiries and assist in trainings. Carries out unit finances to proactively guide and support respective financial success by providing high level analytical expertise, implementing business strategies and developing strong customer relationships. Analyzes financial data and reports to determine accuracy and completeness. Compiles data and prepares financial reports. Reviews and processes final cost objective requests. Provides analysis and business modeling support on strategic initiatives for senior management and field operations. Responsible for analyzing performance trends, modeling complex business decisions, tracking performance and presenting results. Ensures and provides financial expertise, critical thinking, and customer service.
- Has basic knowledge of applicable financial and accounting statutes and regulations.
- Interprets and applies laws, analyzes information, and evaluates the impact of policies, procedures and practices.
- Work includes accumulating data, summarizing information into presentable reports/forms, and discerning valid from invalid data comparisons.
- Seeks explanation for variations in the data.
- Reviews and inputs financial data and final cost objectives, account information into accounting software systems
- Analyzes, reviews, and distributes financial reports to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides support for field programs by conducting live meeting training on financial systems and processes.
- Works with regional staff to help them understand the financial aspects of the assigned Country Offices.
- Monitors Country Offices cash flows and fund transfers by processing cash account analysis, ensures adequate funds are maintained within each program, processing wire transfer requests to field offices and ensuring timely transfer of funds.
- Reviews sub recipient financial reports for assigned Country Offices by reconciling US based sub recipients with the General Ledger accounts.
- Reviews and analyzes the sub award tracking system, manages US partner payments and collaborates with staff on financial close outs of sub recipients.
- Responsible for interpreting, analyzing and/or evaluating data, ensures compliance with applicable state and federal statutes, and uses Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Has a thorough knowledge of external regulations as well as internal corporate policies and procedures.
- Reviews separation pay of all field office staff.
- Supports cost share consolidations and reporting as needed
- Experienced using systems to produce reports, financial models and databases.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with regulated industries, consultants, management and staff.
- Interprets and provides explanation for discrepancies and variations in data.
- Superior ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This is an advanced level Financial Analyst position which serves as a subject matter expert and may have approval level oversight on specific tasks and activities like monthly reporting.
- Uses Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Implements and evaluates statistical models, systems and serves as a trusted advisor to the financial manager and others on the project
- Has in-depth technical and administrative knowledge and is able to defend analyses to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Analyzes complex business and/or program issues and consults with management or business entities as needed; works independently; active participant in meeting organizational goals.
- Applies expert level technical and administrative knowledge of the rules and regulations in the subject area and defends analyses and recommendations relating to a variety of issues.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships.
- Documents more complex or unique issues and effectively articulates written conclusions.
- Interacts with management to plan, negotiate and coordinate complex written findings.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Prepares and analyzes complex technical matters involving existing and emerging issues pertaining to the subject area and makes recommendations from the analysis.
- Recommends and develops regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Recommends and/or takes corrective action when necessary based on acquired knowledge and observation of best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent.
- 8+ Years of progressively responsible financial analysis and pricing experience in a government contracting environment.
- Substantial experience using computerized information systems.
- Demonstrated team leader experience in finance or accounting department preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is an international nonprofit working to improve the health and well-being of people in the United States and around the world.
We partner with governments, the private sector and civil society to bring about positive social change and to provide lifesaving health care, quality education and opportunities for meaningful economic participation. We do this by using research and evidence to design and deliver innovative programs that change behaviors, increase access to services and improve lives.
Our staff of more than 4,000 professionals work in more than 60 countries. Their diverse technical expertise and deep understanding of local conditions provide a 360-degree perspective that allows us to develop customized responses to the toughest human development challenges.