Research Officer with Universal Health Coverage under the Health System and Population Studies Division (Adv#97/2020)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 60 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Research Officer with Universal Health Coverage under the Health System and Population Studies Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 3 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 49,763/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Plan, organize and implement quantitative and qualitative research withe the objective of assist in conducting high-quality research within the guidelines of the research protocols; and organisational values and guidelines . The specific areas of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Research Protocol Development: Work with supervisor for writing research protocol to design study and develop questionnaire; Collaborate with other Projects/research groups of icddr,b to share research knowledge; Coordinate with research administration of icddr,b, government / international authorities in order to support creation of proposals and protocols with funding potential.
- Project Implementation: Prepare work plan for research protocol implementation; Lead survey team; Review literature and collect data; Identify monitoring tools for quality assurance of data and feedback to the supervisors about field activities timely; Train field staffs on data collection and management; Monitor progress of implementation team; Provide input and guidance to implementation team as required in order to execute research protocols and interventions and conducting high-quality research.
- Analysis and Report Writing: Analyze data and sharing with team for consensus on research findings; Work with supervisor in terms of scientific article writing; Prepare scientific report and submit to research administration for clearance; Search literature for preparing reference for scientific articles in order to support scientific manuscript creation.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in Economics / MPH with good academic records;
- 2 years of experience in research/implementation. Experience may be relaxed for the candidates who have degree from reputed University, Preference will be given to those who have very good IELTS and GRE scores.
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods
- Ethical Guidelines
- Cost Analysis and Economic Evaluation
- Scientific writing
- computer operations (MS Office & STATA/SPSS)
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications
using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org
by July 07, 2020
. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.